New Dodge Update

So I come back to For Honor after a few months I play for a few days and Iím actually enjoying the game slightly again. Then the dodge update comes out. Me being a shinobi, canít even play him anymore. His dodge is completely broke now. His main kick counter was removed, ( back dodge forward dodge) which isnít even what I input half the time yet he still wastes stamina and rolls outta a fight which also gets me killed now pretty often considering decent players with range can get free damage off it everytime. Not to mention his previous nerfs with updates when I quit taking away his ranged gb off light parries which makes that move useless without risking almost certain punishment. If yaíll donít fix this **** soon I donít see myself playing anymore

I'm with you man I HATE the new update with a PASSION.

You can't dodge out of ganks now. There is literally nothing you can do to escape getting ganked except to block / parry [turtle] until teammates come. It's bullsh1t man. They reward ganking and its ruining the game that you are basically helpless in ganking situations now as an assassin.

This is my favorite game but every update I get sicker and sicker of the changes to the fighting mechanics. I hate that sh1t bro. Super frustrating. Might start looking for another game to play cuz honestly over development is ruining the game. Revert the chars to the last update previous to this one and LEAVE THEM THE HELL ALONE!! Just give us new game modes, new maps, new equipment, new executions, and new emotes!

I feel like they delayed the attacks too because its like my Gladiator thinks about the button I just pressed before he friggin moves man. Reaction timing to when I hit the buttons and when he moves is almost like turn based strategy now instead of real time fighting.

I don't see how much worse of a job the developers of this game could do. Errors all over, dedicated servers blow [what are yall running AOL 1.0?!?!] and certain chars are broken / beasts while others are basically a waste of space. Raider?!?! New moves?!?! HE'S USELESS IF YOU DON'T TURTLE!!!

EvoX.'s Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by MrGrippz Go to original post
    Raider?!?! New moves?!?! HE'S USELESS IF YOU DON'T TURTLE!!!
    Half the cast is useless if you don't turtle. Only some have good openers or are named PK, while the rest? It's almost like they're meant to be on the receiving end, a.k.a the ones taking it up the rear.

Supposedly reworks are coming, but you can be 100% sure that, when every hero is as the devs wants them to be, there's still going to be a number of characters that will be forced to turtle because of limited kits.

Tyrjo's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by MrGrippz Go to original post
    I'm with you man I HATE the new update with a PASSION.

You can't dodge out of ganks now. There is literally nothing you can do to escape getting ganked except to block / parry [turtle] until teammates come. It's bullsh1t man. They reward ganking and its ruining the game that you are basically helpless in ganking situations now as an assassin.
    I think it's a great way to improve the quality of duels. I'm immensely tired of the assassin back dodge.

You can always roll away or wait for revenge. Another way is also to try and play smarter and not run alone so much.
     1 people found this helpful

Charmzzz's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by EvoXTalhante Go to original post
    Half the cast is useless if you don't turtle. Only some have good openers or are named PK, while the rest? It's almost like they're meant to be on the receiving end, a.k.a the ones taking it up the rear.

Supposedly reworks are coming, but you can be 100% sure that, when every hero is as the devs wants them to be, there's still going to be a number of characters that will be forced to turtle because of limited kits.
    First point: true. Named PK? Really... You know that the backdodge nerf hit her hard, right? You know how high MMR players got that Winrate in Duel so high, dont you? I can explain: they come to you and hit you once, then they backdodge. You dodge or run after them and they completely rely on Zone Attack option select when you do that. Since backdodge now has a 1 second recovery time, that tactic is busted.

Stop being so biased. I cannot hear it anymore. Any decent player can shut down a PK in Dominion easily cause she has nothing, literally nothing, to open up a good turtle.