🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Ubisoft Connect forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    avimanyu786's Avatar Member

UplayStartupMinimize

I have been using these scripts I made since quite some time to keep Uplay only to the system tray after Windows startup, similar to Steam or Origin. I recently created a setup installer to make the process easier to install with some updates.

https://github.com/avimanyu786/UplayStartupMinimize

Download Setup: https://github.com/avimanyu786/Uplay....1.1_Setup.exe

Hope Uplay users find it useful. Please feel free to share any feedback you might have. Thank you.

Scripts merged and improved within a single file. Executable created and Installer also updated with the same. The installation can now be done at a separate location.

Released v1.1.2 on GitHub: https://github.com/avimanyu786/Uplay...imize/releases

Ubi-Kay's Avatar Community Manager
    Hey avimanyu786,

Great to see your passion behind this project!

We're interested to hear what kind of behaviour you're looking for here. If start with Windows is enabled, the client should launch and automatically minimise, which seems to be what your script is doing.

Thanks.

Thanks a lot!

Originally Posted by Ubi-Kay Go to original post
    Hey avimanyu786,

Great to see your passion behind this project!

We're interested to hear what kind of behaviour you're looking for here. If start with Windows is enabled, the client should launch and automatically minimise, which seems to be what your script is doing.

Thanks.
    Hello Ubi-Kay !

Thank you so much for the motivation! What I'm trying to do is a behaviour in which Uplay will automatically hide itself to the system tray during Windows Startup as soon as it auto-logins and initializes. This feature is already present in Steam and Origin clients.

Uplay settings have recently got an inbuilt Windows startup feature. But unfortunately it is not working after I tested multiple times. I still need to keep a shortcut to Uplay's executable file in the Windows Startup folder to make it happen. The UplayStartupMinimize(USM) installer automates the same .

The currently released version of USM is based on waiting for about 30 seconds of Windows Startup. This time has been set to make sure Uplay itself does not exit out too soon. I recently did some more coding and am coming up with a feature that no longer requires waiting for a lengthy time interval based on how long it takes for Uplay to auto-login and initialize. It is a large step closer to how Steam and Origin hide themselves in the system tray. I will be releasing the new version soon on GitHub after some more testing . Last night I was really overjoyed to have finally got a much improved result after 15 different attempts !

If possible, please remove the version number(v1.1.1) from this main thread as I'm unable to do the same. I would like to update on this thread itself.

Delighted to know about the interest from your end! This will surely drive my inspiration forward .

Thanks again!

Best,
    Avi

Version 2.0

Major update:

v2.0

Wiki

No longer waiting for an estimated time interval to hide the Uplay overlay on Windows startup (v1.1.2).

Uplay will automatically hide itself to the system tray as soon as it auto-logins and initializes.

Version 2.0.1

Thank you so much for removing the version number from the main thread title.

Release notes:

All Releases Here

Since first release, USM will always terminate itself once its done its work on startup and is not required to be kept running as a background process.

It is strongly recommended NOT to attempt closing the Uplay launcher window while it loads as Uplay checks for patch updates during the same and updates itself if new Uplay updates are found to have been released online. Closing the Uplay launcher window while loading would make USM make another attempt to launch Uplay.

Latest (Latest release can always be found via this link)

v2.0.1

Wiki updated

Bug Fix:

Prevent multiple Uplay instances from launching during startup and script execution.

v2.0.2 Pre-Alpha (NOT recommended for regular use - testing purpose only)

Optional(NOT recommended for regular use). If you would like to test a different version which attempts to permanently close Uplay in case the launcher window is closed while loading, you can download a pre-alpha version available not as an Installer but separately as a standalone executable only.

USM is now Free and Open Source under GPL on GitHub

Hello!

Uplay Startup Minimize (USM) is now Free and Open Source under the GNU General Public Licence on GitHub 😊!

Glad to have worked on USM! It has been a great experience!

Thanks to an existing template, I was also able to quickly create a simple home page: https://avimanyu786.github.io/UplayStartupMinimize/

Also created a Facebook page: Fb.me/UplayStartupMinimize/

Thank you for the motivation and support!

Best,
    Avi

USM Updates

Bug Fixed when Uplay would not launch after update.

Introduced USM Auto-Update Feature after Uplay update.

https://avimanyu786.github.io/UplayStartupMinimize/

unmog's Avatar Junior Member
    Thanks for your work in this avi. I dunno though, I don't believe people should need to use a third party program for basic functionality, especially from a security stand point.

Ive decided to send Uplay a support ticket concerning this issue, and Ive also decided to disable the "start with windows" option until at some point its added in an official capacity :/

I suggest to you and others who also want the simple option to start with windows but not to have to close whats essentially an annoying pop up ad to do the same~

Originally Posted by unmog Go to original post
    Thanks for your work in this avi. I dunno though, I don't believe people should need to use a third party program for basic functionality, especially from a security stand point.

Ive decided to send Uplay a support ticket concerning this issue, and Ive also decided to disable the "start with windows" option until at some point its added in an official capacity :/

I suggest to you and others who also want the simple option to start with windows but not to have to close whats essentially an annoying pop up ad to do the same~
    Hi unmog, it was a lot of fun working on this project, especially v2.0 ...had worked quite hard to make it happen...it was so much like a Eureka moment when it finally worked like Steam ! ...actually I don't really like to always wait for Uplay to start whenever I launch my favorite Uplay games from the desktop. Hence I went ahead and developed this to make it work like Steam everytime I startup my PC ...I also thought about the security part recently..so I made the latest version to be installed as a vbs file instead of exe...it has always been Open Source on GitHub ...and I do wish Uplay too is added here someday.