🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Far Cry forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.

Game No Longer Saves, Fast Travel Unavailable, Make Hope Great Again Loop

Posting this for more visibility.

Details: somewhere between the mission to rescue cheeseburger and Make Hope Great Again the option to fast travel became unavailable. Initially I didn't think anything of it (figured it was part of the mission or something) but when I got to Make Hope Great Again and completed it, I noticed it was more of a bug.

I am unable to progress further in the game past Make Hope Great Again, the game does not autosave and I have no option to manually save. Fast travel is also unavailable. When I die or exit the game it respawns me flashing the Mission Complete of Make Hope Great Again every time.

I have tried some of the other suggestions in other threads such as joining a co-op game, joining arcade and coming back. Nothing works/fixes the issue.

I've noticed at least a few other people are experiencing the same issue and it seems to be confined to the mission chain in Whitetail mountains.

Another item of note, I started the clutch nixon wingsuit challenge by talking to the plaque, instead of starting the challenge, I was "kidnapped" by Jacob and made it about 3 seconds into a cinematic with the food bowl before it went back to another loading screen which then started the clutch nixon challenge correctly.

I've also submitted a ticket on the support website and am waiting on a response.

UbiBasset's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey CRAZYTH3SEQUEL! Thanks for letting us know about this, and thank you for submitting a ticket. In the meantime, please follow these PS4 troubleshooting steps to see if your issues resolve. Thanks!

Video of issue

Please see video of issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMBbXCUv1A4

No save option, fast travel not available

Same issue here on Xbox one. Worked fine until a couple of days ago. Had to abandon the game now.

ubi--unicorn's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Are you all also unable to reload from last checkpoint? Did this happen on the same mission for all of you?

Found a fix for me

I had the same problem. Mine started when I started a clutch Nixon (The Lord of the Wings) while being hunted by Jacob's hunters. When I started the Clutch Nixon the game showed the first 3 seconds of it, and afterwards I was traveled to the room where you have to kill the two other tied up people. The timer from Clutch Nixon was still on top of my mission and when the time ran out it restarted the Jacob mission, and afterwards I had the same experience as others with no fast travel and manual save.
    The solution was to go to the top of the Clutch Nixon track and complete the mission, because I think the game thought that I was still at this mission. So the rings would be visible, and as soon as I got to the top, the mission would start, and I could quit the mission, but then the problem was still there, but after completing it everything is back to normal.

ubi--unicorn's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Thanks for sharing this O.H.782!

Beyond Frustrating

I have the exact same issue, no Fast Travel, no manual saving, and I don't have any main quests active to be accepted.
    I accumulated enough resistance points to get Jacob to come after me, followed by a notification "You're being hunted". Soon after I started a Clutch Nixon challenge "Lord of the Wings". However whilst listening to the pre-challenge briefing I got captured by Jacob's men.
    This lead to the cutscene starting where Jacob has the main character behind bars and Joseph is just about to come to have a chat, but suddenly I get a notification "Your time ran out" or something to that effect. Screen goes black again, during the cutscene, and game reloads the main character on top of a mountain. I finish the Clutch Nixon challenge which now restarted assuming I'd get recaptured soon enough, but sure enough this never happened.
    The game still thinks I'm going through "We Must Be Strong", even though I haven't even cleared the cutscene yet, nor do I seem to have an access to the cutscene anymore. The Clutch Nixon challenge got completed on my part, so there's no rings there to be cleared. I tried making my way to Jacob's compound as well as the location you come out of the mission at to see if the game would snap me back to the mission, but this wasn't the case either.
    I really.. really.. really hope I don't have to restart the entire game and lose dozens of hours of progress because of an in-game glitch...
    If anyone has any tips, please. Help.

I have the same problem

I had the same thing with the cutscene during the clutch nixon wings sooth challenge
    I can’t fast travel and save
    And i am stil being hunted
    Does this know mean that i have to start over again because i think that would be really bad that this problem isnt fixed in these years

Ubi-Woofer's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by SunflameMcMahon Go to original post
    I have the exact same issue, no Fast Travel, no manual saving, and I don't have any main quests active to be accepted.
    I accumulated enough resistance points to get Jacob to come after me, followed by a notification "You're being hunted". Soon after I started a Clutch Nixon challenge "Lord of the Wings". However whilst listening to the pre-challenge briefing I got captured by Jacob's men.
    This lead to the cutscene starting where Jacob has the main character behind bars and Joseph is just about to come to have a chat, but suddenly I get a notification "Your time ran out" or something to that effect. Screen goes black again, during the cutscene, and game reloads the main character on top of a mountain. I finish the Clutch Nixon challenge which now restarted assuming I'd get recaptured soon enough, but sure enough this never happened.
    The game still thinks I'm going through "We Must Be Strong", even though I haven't even cleared the cutscene yet, nor do I seem to have an access to the cutscene anymore. The Clutch Nixon challenge got completed on my part, so there's no rings there to be cleared. I tried making my way to Jacob's compound as well as the location you come out of the mission at to see if the game would snap me back to the mission, but this wasn't the case either.
    I really.. really.. really hope I don't have to restart the entire game and lose dozens of hours of progress because of an in-game glitch...
    If anyone has any tips, please. Help.
    Hey SunflameMcMahon - I realise my reply comes late, but I just wanted to check in with you and ask if you were ever able to resolve this issue? Did you try reloading an older checkpoint, or exploring the world further to see if the mission triggered for you?

If you never resolved the issue, can you please tell me any additional steps that you attempted (did you complete our basic PS4 troubleshooting for instance?) and whether you opened a support case for the issue?

Originally Posted by Stijn5000 Go to original post
    I had the same thing with the cutscene during the clutch nixon wings sooth challenge
    I can’t fast travel and save
    And i am stil being hunted
    Does this know mean that i have to start over again because i think that would be really bad that this problem isnt fixed in these years
    Hey Stijn5000 - thanks for reporting this issue to us here on the forums.

Did you try the suggestion previously posted (to revisit the site of the Clutch Nixon challenge, and see if the challenge is still registered as active)? What troubleshooting steps have you already performed? If none, can you please give our basic PS4 troubleshooting a try, and also try reloading a previous save beyond the last save you're returned to upon death?