rioseven's Avatar Banned
    Suburbs by Sabotur on PS4

Its 4 Stars at the minute with about 350 plays and 28 Favourites.

If you Feature it can you make sure that the name Sabotur is associated with the map and does not show as Ubisoft as the publisher though, that would be sacrilege.

TO BE CLEAR: He does not authorise Ubisoft to mark their brand name on a map CREATED by SABOTUR.

As I understand it, it is an illegal activity since every map-maker creates a unique map which defines its authorship.

http://www.wipo.int/export/sites/www...ideo_games.pdf

Map theft is illegal - do not accept it.

Ubi-Swaguchi's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by rioseven Go to original post
    Suburbs by Sabotur on PS4

Its 4 Stars at the minute with about 350 plays and 28 Favourites.

If you Feature it can you make sure that the name Sabotur is associated with the map and does not show as Ubisoft as the publisher though, that would be sacrilege.

TO BE CLEAR: He does not authorise Ubisoft to mark their brand name on a map CREATED by SABOTUR.

As I understand it, it is an illegal activity since every map-maker creates a unique map which defines its authorship.

http://www.wipo.int/export/sites/www...ideo_games.pdf

Map theft is illegal - do not accept it.
    Featured maps show the creator of it, be it a dev created or a fan created map

Steve64b's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Ubi-Swaguchi Go to original post
    Featured maps show the creator of it, be it a dev created or a fan created map
    Unfortunately, that's not completely accurate. For example, TOYS ROOM DM only shows "Official Ubisoft Map", and doesn't mention its original creator JAAVAA.

Whenever a Featured Map shows UBISOFT/UBISOFT, chances are it's related to having your map (re)published on all platforms. In order for that to happen, UBISOFT needs to 'take ownership' of the map. Probably due to legal reasons or something, because they are porting content to another platform.

JAAVAA agreed to those terms as he wanted his map on all platforms. It's not map theft if the original author allows it.

So, here's a question: what exactly is a FEATURED MAP? Is it any highlighted map, or does it also have to include changing the creator name to UBISOFT and re-publishing it on another platform?

If the latter case, Ubisoft needs to contact Sabotur if they want to feature his Suburbs map. Then he can decide whether or not he accepts the terms.

Perhaps you can update the original post to include what exactly will happen with maps suggested here?

Custom map

Hey ubisoft check out my map my psn is "evil_sk8" and the maps name is "annihilator season 1"

Here's a video of "The Thing" inspired map if you are interested. ^^
     1 people found this helpful

If I don't suggest my own maps then who will? I don't have a huge Youtube following like Forge Labs, etc. that will help gain recognition and I've noticed he's friends with some of the guys who end up having their maps featured. Do I have to be part of some in-crowd do get featured?

DapperHayden is a LIAR AND CANT BE TRUSTED
    Xbox one tdm map DUST by AW LOST SOLDIER map is 100% my own design.
    The match takes place in a dusty modern industrial site. features fast paced gameplay with high end visuals. please use latest version, V7 and above, thanks.

Loadouts - operator,covert,demolition and range master. great for all play styles.

unsorted-guy's Avatar Junior Member
    sorry for the self promotion , but I am proud of this one. haha

The Challenge by Iansaneartist and Truesurvival

This map has alot of fun and pays attention to small details. Starts off in a sports arena fighting with bats goes through lockerooms offices and finishes in the city streets. A ton of fun and visually impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulPIKLoAJXY&t=154s