Uplay: "Failed to synchronize cloud saves"

Since yesterday, when I try to launch the game I get a "Failed to synchronize cloud saves" error in Uplay. If i choose 'skip' my saves don't appear in-game. I've reinstalled ACO and Uplay and this hasn't helped.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

ubi--unicorn's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey Chimpanzee, do you have local saves?

No, the local files had been wiped too, but I've managed to get my save back yesterday. For anyone else having the same problem, I managed to fix it by launching a different Ubisoft game (Far Cry 5). This seems to get Uplay to sync saves for all installed games and this bought my ACO save back!

Hi everyone!
    I have the same problem since 3 days on ACO (UPLAY PC Version).
    I tryied the Sobek challenge and eventually won it, but just after the spot was again available and the fight started again (Noooo!). Therefore I left to the main menu and tryied to start again.
    But my character was missing in the list and only had "New game" choices. (I had previsouly only one savegame)

I restarted the game but "Failed to Synchronized to the cloud" message appeard.

I also tryied to :
    - Restarted UPlay
    - "Verify Files" in the Uplay menu
    - Launch AC Syndicate and FC4 also on Uplay which stil synchronise without any problem but no good effect on ACO
    - Launch ACO without Cloud sync where still no savegame is proposed
    - Install last driver for my GTX980
    - Check on C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\...\3539\ where there is only 1, 2, 5 and 6.SAVE (from march 2018 : Thus nothing recent)
    - Delete those 4 files (after a copy)
    but the "failed to synchronize..." still occures

Scrolling all the Uplay's forum I cannot find any other solution.

Please help me Obiwan Kennobi. You are my only hope !
    Others than Obi are also welcome

Thx

Bertrand

ubi--unicorn's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey guys, you may be able to recover save files.

I just had this with ACO and found a quick fix that seems to work just in case someone else has the issue. Shut the launcher down and find Ubisoft Game Launcher. Should be in the C: drive but you may have installed in a different drive. Open the cache file and cut the http2 file out or delete it as it'll be replaced but doesn't hurt to just cut it to the desktop just to make sure. Restart the launcher and it should cloud sync again. This worked for me hope it helps everyone else

Ubi-Trippn's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Thanks for the info Toxic_Pain,
    I can confirm that the Cache folder should be reacquired on the launch of the client so it is safe to delete the files there.