Originally Posted by MichaelB450 Go to original post
    Offline games are no longer popular in today's industry. Most people who play a game will not even touch the offline mode after they completed everything.

I mean, look at Need For Speed: Payback. Most people play through the offline story and once they complete the main parts of the story, they stop playing the game or they play multiplayer immediately after and quit after they realize how bad the net code is.

Forza games are different, because let's be honest. Multiplayer games are a complete mess most of the time... Rammers, griefers, people with really bad internet connections, and just noobs in general.

Frankly, they aren't going to drop everything and change the game to have an offline mode. Since that wasn't what they planned... It would be a massive setback for them to re-optimize the game for offline play, and that would open a massive door for people to use cheats on the game.

I mean, look at the Test Drive Unlimited 2 leaderboards for the single player story events... There were thousands upon thousands of obviously cheated times and scores and they never were dealt with. With The Crew there were maybe 100 cheated scores and times, goes to show how effective the always online system is against cheats.
    *comment removed*.

If this is true then why were the highest rated, and best selling games of 2018 single player games like god of war and red dead redemption 2? Exactly. Stop with this *removed* narrative already.
     1 people found this helpful

I bought this game solely for the cool airplanes and flight. These are not simulators and I didn't want a simulator. I often go places where there is no internet. I'm from Texas. No cell phone service nothing. I repeat the ONLY thing I bought this game for is single play flight. No one makes an easier flight game than this! And yet very realistic.

I don't consider Crew 2 to be a multi-player game, because the you play in session which is lame. You enter game you might find 4 or 5 players or even times just one in your session . Now Crew 1 if their was 30 people online line in the game , you can see them all on the map. and we all race each other, something you can't do in crew 2. I had over 50 friends on my list in Crew 2 half of them left the game never came back , and i ended up deleting the rest of the list because the chances of see them in your session is slim, or never !! if this had and offline mode would be great, rather play alone any ways, being in a crew is a joke too !!.

when i was 14 years old i play EA need for speed world untill they ended it i believed in 2015 NOW THAT WAS A MILTI- PLAYER GAME !!! NO SESSION THERE !!

DatWut's Avatar Volunteer Moderator
    Now Crew 1 if their was 30 people online line in the game , you can see them all on the map.
    Those were not real players. It's just some "filler effect" while you load into a session. TC1 also had sessions that were limited to 8 players.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by fgaryamy Go to original post
    I bought this game solely for the cool airplanes and flight. These are not simulators and I didn't want a simulator. I often go places where there is no internet. I'm from Texas. No cell phone service nothing. I repeat the ONLY thing I bought this game for is single play flight. No one makes an easier flight game than this! And yet very realistic.
    You, like everyone else, should do your research before purchasing any product. Not just games, products. If you wanted TC2 for Single Player flying, you could have found out through research that TC2 only has a multiplayer mode. You also need an Internet connection or you can't play the game.

While it would be nice for the next version of TC to have both modes available, adding a Single Player mode to TC2 is almost impossible at this point. Tons and tons of the game would have to be reworked, engine and code wise, to make that happen, and I doubt it's going to make that much of a difference in IVT's profits.

WOW got fake out by IVT in Crew 1 too, fake people !!! session Wow !! Are any real multiplayer racing games out with free map roam?? At less i can still play old NFS games in windows 10 Carbon, Burnout paradise and,TD2 . off line.

Originally Posted by Nikita20tt Go to original post
    WOW got fake out by IVT in Crew 1 too, fake people !!! session Wow !! Are any real multiplayer racing games out with free map roam?? At less i can still play old NFS games in windows 10 Carbon, Burnout paradise and,TD2 . off line.
    Doesn't playing with yourself get boring after a while? It's better to have partners or parties to provide excitement, pleasure and entertainment, no?

Originally Posted by LegendOfGta Go to original post
    Doesn't playing with yourself get boring after a while? It's better to have partners or parties to provide excitement, pleasure and entertainment, no?

Excitement , parties , partners ,pleasure , entertainment , WOW !! ALL THAT IS IN CREW 2 ?? got to get back to game !!

Originally Posted by Pancakes4ever Go to original post
    These arguments against single player are so hollow. The Crew is one of the best games I've ever played and I haven't done one race with another person in the game. The meat of this game is exploring the gigantic map. There are literally hundreds of hours of value in this game for players like myself, with the online functionality being completely unimportant.

I'm not against online games, I'm against not being able to play a game you paid money for, which has become synonymous with online-only. find it sad how some people are defending the online-only practice, knowing full well that means in a few years the servers will be shut down and you can never play the game again. I'm guessing The Crew will be shut down in 2021. The Crew 2 will likely be shut down sometime 2025. Sure, that's a ways off, but for such a spectacular world that's been created, it seems like sheer stupidity and short-sightenedness ensuring people in the future will never be able to play it.
    +1
    Making it online only means one day we'll all have to shelf another great game or come up with a player-made server hack, like what happens with all great online-only games that get shut down. Sadly, we don't pay for games anymore. We pay for licenses. And in that giant ToS, it states we'll be able to use said license until game servers no longer work. Then we're SoL and no one at Ubisoft/IVT will give two turds.

Page 5 of 5 ◄◄  First ... 345