Offline single player mode for The Crew 2

I was so excited to get "The Crew 2" until I learned it will not support offline single player even with a story mode, I think it's absolutely ridiculous and listening to the creative director comparing it to World of warcraft (an RPG MMO) to a racing game made it even more foolish, I'm not paying $60+ for a game I can't even play offline, for someone who have slow internet like me I can't always play online multiplayers but I can already tell it's for membership marketing.

Any full priced retail racing game should have an offline single player mode, it's only reasonable. A lot of people won't get the game just because it doesn't have an offline single player, not because they don't like it and what if the servers goes down? Players will just be sitting scratching their heads staring at a game they can't play; It's not worth it. The game needs an offline single player with an online multiplayer mode.
     14 people found this helpful

MichaelB450's Avatar Senior Member
    Offline games are no longer popular in today's industry. Most people who play a game will not even touch the offline mode after they completed everything.

I mean, look at Need For Speed: Payback. Most people play through the offline story and once they complete the main parts of the story, they stop playing the game or they play multiplayer immediately after and quit after they realize how bad the net code is.

Forza games are different, because let's be honest. Multiplayer games are a complete mess most of the time... Rammers, griefers, people with really bad internet connections, and just noobs in general.

Frankly, they aren't going to drop everything and change the game to have an offline mode. Since that wasn't what they planned... It would be a massive setback for them to re-optimize the game for offline play, and that would open a massive door for people to use cheats on the game.

I mean, look at the Test Drive Unlimited 2 leaderboards for the single player story events... There were thousands upon thousands of obviously cheated times and scores and they never were dealt with. With The Crew there were maybe 100 cheated scores and times, goes to show how effective the always online system is against cheats.
     5 people found this helpful

I don't agree here. The game is called "The Crew", where you are supposed to meet up with friends, join crews, play in team,..........

What are you gonna do in Solo mode offline ?

The only thing that makes sense is leaderboard challenges, trying to get the best "Solo Time", but also that is possible online. Nobody says that you can't do a leaderboard challenge by yourself. But like Michael said, due to the online connectivity, it's way easier to filter out the cheaters.

Besides, they already said in an interview somewhere that it will be online only, also for TC2.

Of course, they have to keep the servers running stable as much as possible, nobody likes to sit there doing nothing other than waiting till the game is up and running again.

But you'll always have the maintenances, the updates,......so no matter what, there will be times when the game will be offline for a couple of hours. Just like in TC1, take notice of the info, deal with it and adapt your play schedule.

Many games evolved in such a way that connectivity with other players is important, games which don't have it will not last long.
    TC2 is scheduled to run for many years, just like TC1, so obviously, they need the connectivity to assure the longetivity of the game.
     4 people found this helpful

The game is 100% multiplayer, offline it doesn't make sense in this game. It's to play with a team. If you want an offline racing game you have others, play the Milestone racing games.

Many of those who ask that the game be offline, are those who want to hack the game and play for free.
     2 people found this helpful

Kane_sg's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by SP3NC3R_69_ Go to original post
    I was so excited to get "The Crew 2" until I learned it will not support offline single player even with a story mode, I think it's absolutely ridiculous and listening to the creative director comparing it to World of warcraft (an RPG MMO) to a racing game made it even more foolish, I'm not paying $60+ for a game I can't even play offline, for someone who have slow internet like me I can't always play online multiplayers but I can already tell it's for membership marketing.

Any full priced retail racing game should have an offline single player mode, it's only reasonable. A lot of people won't get the game just because it doesn't have an offline single player, not because they don't like it and what if the servers goes down? Players will just be sitting scratching their heads staring at a game they can't play; It's not worth it. The game needs an offline single player with an online multiplayer mode.
    +1 on the OP.

Having offline mode with save data stored locally is definitely, well, makes more sense. I mean, paying a 60 bucks game to solely rely its functionality on internet connection to be able to play and sometimes totally go defunct when maintenance and such strikes? LOL.

MichaelB450's Avatar Senior Member
    How many times do we have to say this until everyone gets this. No offline mode because it's designed to ALWAYS be online... Jeez...

There are a lot of racing games with offline campaign, this is the only racing game with multiplayer mode permanent because it is to play with team, if don't like the online mode, go to play nfs, project cars and similar games.
     3 people found this helpful

These arguments against single player are so hollow. The Crew is one of the best games I've ever played and I haven't done one race with another person in the game. The meat of this game is exploring the gigantic map. There are literally hundreds of hours of value in this game for players like myself, with the online functionality being completely unimportant.

I'm not against online games, I'm against not being able to play a game you paid money for, which has become synonymous with online-only. find it sad how some people are defending the online-only practice, knowing full well that means in a few years the servers will be shut down and you can never play the game again. I'm guessing The Crew will be shut down in 2021. The Crew 2 will likely be shut down sometime 2025. Sure, that's a ways off, but for such a spectacular world that's been created, it seems like sheer stupidity and short-sightenedness ensuring people in the future will never be able to play it.
     4 people found this helpful

The game is not only to explore, it is also to compete against other players. To beat their brands, to challenge in the open world making a route in challenge mode, Calling All Units and Wild Run does not make sense in offline mode. Tell us what utility would have these two expansions without the online mode. If you are playing as a police, how to activate a chase without another player?. An online game is an online game, everything else is cry.

The game will be alive as long as there are people playing, it can reach 2021 perfectly. Those that ask to be offline are those who want to crack the game and play for free.

I think that the game should at least support offline, like if you dont want to be bugged by anyone, or if you have awful wifi or some other thing.

What I dont want though is for the game to be mainly PVP focused, because that would be a major turn off
    Hopefully they also change car upgrading, and how online races work, because in The Crew 1, you had to grind your car before you could get it to online racing standards, so maybe better matchmaking(Probably wont work well) or car classes (For example, how Midnight Club Los Angeles did it)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►