🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Anno forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    Ubi-O5's Avatar Anno Community Representative

Welcome to the 19th century!

4 people found this helpful

You can find the Anno Union here.
     4 people found this helpful

New Era

So thats mean, there is a lot of machines and steam power engine.
     1 people found this helpful

I like that they are going with the entire 19th Century.. It would be fun to early on have an "early 1800s" feel, and as things progress, naturally more later 1890ish buildings would appear.

I really hope that this version of Anno incoroprates 45 degree angle roads though. To build an interesting city, that's the very least road options that will do.

It would really be better to be able to build at maybe 30 degree angles also, but at least 45 degree are needed.

A big part of Anno is making a "pretty" or realistic looking city, and few cities are all 90 degree angle streets.

Abdul-Atheem's Avatar Junior Member

Looking forward to Anno 1800.

When I saw this on youtube my brain almost popped, lol. Really excited for this guys. Keep up the good work over there.

Originally Posted by ackrockboogie Go to original post
    When I saw this on youtube my brain almost popped, lol. Really excited for this guys. Keep up the good work over there.
    Thanks! We'll be doing our best.

Make sure to check out our posts on the Anno Union too, if you haven't already.

1800 Factions

I'm a big fan of ANNO, I still plays 1404 Venice. Which is my favourite because of the fantastic AI. I'm so glad the devs are going back roots of the series (specially micromanagement in 1404, I still keep spread sheet for supply and demand for each resources, Ex. 01 date plantation supports 450 nomads). Any how I'm more exited know the Factions of this game. 1404 had two, 2070 had three, hated 2205.
    I love play as 1800 China because of “Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom". I still remember everything from that game and loved the buildings designs (not sure it's still the same era). So please let us know what are Factions.

This is good news. I loved Anno 1404 and Anno 2070. There was a lot I disliked about Anno 2205, though (not least the bad combination of sandbox mode & campaign mode, the lack of exploration and the repetitive battle mode). Please make it more like 1404 and less like 2205.

Lunchbox179's Avatar Junior Member

Great to see something like this coming back

I just got a new gaming computer this year to run RC Flight Simulators on it and figured why not try to get 1701 working on it. Its been awhile since I played it and just really love the time setting with it and all the city building and trade that is in it. I have been a fan of the older strategy games and always hoped that there would be a next generation to 1701. I watched the you tube trailers and this looks like it should be a really fun addition to the anno series. I haven't tried any of the others but I'm not real crazy for the future setting. Cant wait for it to come out and get to try it.

When is the Anno team gonna visit the Roman era with a good economy-city building-warfare game? There are many people longing for this since caesar IV came out and nobody has attempted such thing. This people are getting good at it with good graphics so it should be an interesting project.