OurJud's Avatar Senior Member

Faith Seed Ending - I have questions [poss spoilers]

I finally cleared my first zone - Faith's.

First off I just have to throw some positivity into the cesspit of moaning threads out there and say it was an extremely satisfying conclusion. It wasn't so much the killing of Faith or the escape afterwards, but the cut scene with the sheriff in the car. I found it really quite moving. And this is just one boss of three. Most games with only one boss don't have an ending as good as that.

Anyway, onto the questions:

As I drove away from the jail with the radio on (the first time I've left it on because I knew I would finally be able to listen to it in peace) the sense of satisfaction at having defeated the baddies was wonderful. However, as I pulled in at a little shack by some mines, two cultists in a giant rig pulled up and climbed from the cab holding flamethrowers, and promptly tried to kill me.

I was under the impression hostility in each zone ended when its boss was defeated?

When I entered the mine, bliss fumes and dead bodies were strewn around the entrance. Faith's voice echoed "Welcome to the bliss.". I left the mine as the main door was locked anyway, but I now have blurred and double vision which doesn't appear to be wearing off. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

it pretty much does but theres still the odd cultists around but barely any

most places that used to spawn a random event with cultists now have resistance members instead, doing random things like burying their dead or playing guitar and dancing or standing under an american flag yelling yeeaahhh etc etc although theres a chance that it spawns a reaping truck trailer instead in which case it will be guarded by a couple of cultists usually heavies and/or flamethrower guys

all choppers and planes have gone, you will still get the odd tanker/supply vehicle on the roads and the odd pick up/truck/atv, also the odd boat/jet ski on water
    but they are mostly gone.
    all the points of interest/houses etc etc that you havnt discovered yet will be void of cultists except randomly and rarely there might be 1-3 cultists at one of them
    the shrines will be empty but still at the odd one there might be a vip forcing a civvie to worship for you to rescue

basically they are not completely gone but there is so few of them around they might as well be
     1 people found this helpful

Thanks, @osamaclees.

Any thoughts on the Bliss trip I can't shake off?

haha no its always there

if you move through those flowers, get close to the barrels or undestroyed shrines etc you will trip

the random bliss glowing animals/angels that change to a different animal when you shoot it though are gone, and sadly no more trippy faith dancing and singing turning up in the middle of your wanders.

have to say too i actually enjoyed all the lieutenants, didnt mind the stories or even the forced captures and felt pretty good at the end of each after saving my buddies and others, and yeah felt kinda poignant to me too the scene with the sheriff in the car after defeating faith.

edit sorry didnt read properly hmm that definitely sounds like a bug, theres still bliss everywhere to get you stoned but yeah it should wear off shortly once you out of the contaminated area.
    if you still have shrines to destroy try going to one get close to it then destroy it. i found that when you trip on the bliss from the shrines it instantly disappears as soon as you destroy the shrine
     1 people found this helpful

Thanks again for responding.

I don't think I'm making myself clear, though.

I know bliss flowers cause the sparklies, double vision and blurring, but in the past it goes away when I move away from the source.

On this occasion, though, even though I've moved well away, I'm still experiencing the effects. It's almost like the trip is locked in a loop (maybe I found another bug).

Originally Posted by osamaclees Go to original post
    the random bliss glowing animals/angels that change to a different animal when you shoot it though are gone, and sadly no more trippy faith dancing and singing turning up in the middle of your wanders.
    Are you kidding? I hated all that - I'm absolutely delighted all that crap stops

Thanks, I've seen your edit now.

ha yeah i can imagine it was hated by some

i actually liked the faith ones, the animals where excellent for money though (not that i needed it) because not only would they insta-spawn (the glowing green ones) and very quickly but because once you hit or walk into one it would change to another random animal. there spawn rate was massively higher than normal animals and also because they changed to random animals you could get all the different animal pelts in the single area.
    made a fortune, just a shame theres nothing to spend it on haha

MikeJDRW's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by OurJud Go to original post
    I finally cleared my first zone - Faith's.

First off I just have to throw some positivity into the cesspit of moaning threads out there and say it was an extremely satisfying conclusion. It wasn't so much the killing of Faith or the escape afterwards, but the cut scene with the sheriff in the car. I found it really quite moving. And this is just one boss of three. Most games with only one boss don't have an ending as good as that.

Anyway, onto the questions:

As I drove away from the jail with the radio on (the first time I've left it on because I knew I would finally be able to listen to it in peace) the sense of satisfaction at having defeated the baddies was wonderful. However, as I pulled in at a little shack by some mines, two cultists in a giant rig pulled up and climbed from the cab holding flamethrowers, and promptly tried to kill me.

I was under the impression hostility in each zone ended when its boss was defeated?

When I entered the mine, bliss fumes and dead bodies were strewn around the entrance. Faith's voice echoed "Welcome to the bliss.". I left the mine as the main door was locked anyway, but I now have blurred and double vision which doesn't appear to be wearing off. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    Nope like all other Far Cry games the bad guys are still roaming about the map; although the bosses are kaput. GIves us free roamers the chance to keep keeping them off of us as we finish collecting all other items we didn't do during the storyline gameplay.

Originally Posted by MikeJDRW Go to original post
    Nope like all other Far Cry games the bad guys are still roaming about the map; although the bosses are kaput.
    Well then I'm very confused. Dozens of people have been saying on here (especially in the threads complaining about spawn rates) that all enemy encounters disappear when a zone is liberated.

Please tell me they're now a far rarer occurrence that they were before I cleared the zone??