OurJud's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by MikeWeeks Go to original post
    Just you wait ...

If you have HUD items off, as I do, then why are you asking for a GPS device? What you'd like is a map on dash, right?
    Not a map on dash, no. A little GPS system (we call them SatNavs in the UK). The same kind of thing they had in FC2 as I said in OP.

I do play with HUD off, but what I'm talking about would be a physical instrument, as they are in real life. Nothing to do with game HUD.

MikeJDRW's Avatar Member
    Well due to mass demand from players Ubisoft did away with the HUD map and went back to FC2 standards where one has to view the map all the time to get from A to B. Of course placing a GPS on the airplane or helo might be a good thing for the future of the Far Cry series. Got my vote.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by MikeJDRW Go to original post
    Well due to mass demand from players Ubisoft did away with the HUD map and went back to FC2 standards where one has to view the map all the time to get from A to B.
    Well I have to admit I was one of those fighting for a no HUD option, so no complaints from me on that front. But as far as I'm concerned the hand-held map from earlier titles has nothing to do with the game HUD and should never have been dropped.

Unless when you say 'HUD map' you're referring to the minimap, in which case this should have been something you can toggle.

Options, options, options - they're very undervalued in my opinion, and not enough developers consider them.

Viragoxv535's Avatar Far Cry 3 Elite Member
    Originally Posted by MikeJDRW Go to original post
    Well due to mass demand from players Ubisoft did away with the HUD map and went back to FC2 standards where one has to view the map all the time to get from A to B.
    There are big differences: in FC2 you are not removed from the game and you could also look at the highlighted street signs for the most part.

Originally Posted by Viragoxv535 Go to original post
    There are big differences: in FC2 you are not removed from the game and you could also look at the highlighted street signs for the most part.
    Agreed. In this instalment there's a horrible, immersion-breaking 'You are now leaving the game' pause and sound effect when you call the map.