🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Crew forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Close Beta FAQ

CLOSED BETA - FAQ

1. ABOUT THE CREW 2 – CLOSED BETA

a) When can I play the Closed Beta?
    b) Which platforms is the Beta available on?
    c) What countries are supported in this test?
    d) What languages are supported in this Beta?
    e) Can I stream/publish content about this Beta?
    f) What are the official Beta channels?
    g) How can I share my feedback about the game?
    h) Is there any reward for being part of the Beta?

2. CONTENT

a) Are we playing the full game?
    b) Will my progression be carried over to the full game?

3. INVITES & REDEEM PROCESS

a) How do I know I’m selected to play the Closed Beta?
    b) How to redeem my Beta Key? How to access the game?
    c) How can I invite friends to join the Closed Beta?

4. TECHNICAL INFORMATION

a) What is the size of the Closed Beta?
    b) Can I preload the Beta?
    c) Do I need a Ubisoft Account?
    d) Do I need an internet connection to play this Beta?
    e) Do I need an Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation®Plus membership to participate in the Beta?
    f) Is the Beta PS4 Pro / Xbox One compatible?
    g) What are the PC system requirements?
    h) What type of controller can I use?

The Crew 2 – Closed Beta will be available between Thursday, May 31th at 8am UTC / 10am CEST / 4am EDT to Monday, June 4th at the same time.

In order to start playing as soon as the Beta begins, we highly recommend that you preload the build from May 29th at 8am UTC / 10am CEST / 4am EDT.

For any updates or changes to the schedule, please follow our official twitter account @thecrewgame.

The Crew 2 – Closed Beta will be available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC (Uplay).

c) What languages are supported in this Beta?

The Crew 2 - Beta will feature all languages supported by the final game.

Interface Full Audio Subtitles
    English x x x
    French x x x
    Italian x x x
    German x x x
    Spanish x x x
    Arabic x x
    Simplified Chinese x x
    Traditional Chinese x x
    Korean x x
    Japanese x x x
    Dutch x x
    Polish x x
    Portuguese-Brazil x x x
    Russian x x x

d) Can I stream/publish content about this Beta?

Yes you can!

This Beta version features all photo and video editing tools available in the full game. Thanks to the live replay menu, you will be able to create stunning screenshots and short movies, directly from the game!

Share your best moments by using the official hashtag #TheCrew2. We can’t wait to discover what you will create!

e) What are the official Beta channels?

To keep up with the latest news about this Beta, make sure to check the following destinations:

- Closed Beta Page
    http://thecrewgame.com/closedbeta
    This is your entry point for this Closed Beta. Login to check all official information and invite up to 3 of your friends to your The Crew 2 – Closed Beta journey!
    - Closed Beta Forums
    http://thecrewgame.com/cb-forums/
    Connect to the official forums to join the discussion and share your best moments with other petrolheads!

- The Crew Twitter account
    www.twitter.com/thecrewgame
    Subscribe to our official Twitter Channel to receive all live updates about the game.
    - Ubisoft Customer Support
    https://support.ubi.com/games/5165
    If you are experiencing any issues with your Ubisoft account or have difficulties to access your game, please contact our customer support agents.
    f) How can I share my feedback about the game?
    During this Beta phase, you will be able to experience a first glimpse of the The Crew 2 experience.
    - If you wish to share your feedback and discuss with other players, we invite you to join our official Closed Beta forums: http://thecrewgame.com/cb-forums/
    - If you are experiencing any issue with your access to the game or your Ubisoft account, please contact our customer support https://support.ubi.com/games/5165

Thank you for your support!

g) Is there any reward for being part of the Beta?

All participants of the The Crew 2 – Closed Beta will unlock a special reward for the final game. Thanks to the Ubisoft Club, get ready to ride in style with an exclusive Leather Jacket, available in your game inventory from June 29th!
    Learn more on https://club.ubisoft.com/

2. CONTENT

This Beta version comprises a work-in-progress chunk of the content from The Crew 2.

You will be able to explore the entire open-world in freedrive but also discover the first 4 disciplines of the title: Street Racing, Powerboat, Rally Raid & Aerobatics.

Coop play also is available among Beta players, do not hesitate to join our “Looking for group” forums to organize your next play session!

Your characters and progression from this Beta won’t be kept for the final game.

Selected players have been contacted via email on May 29th on their email address associated to the approved Ubisoft Account. Don’t forget to check your spam folder and follow us on @thecrewgame for any update. Additional invites could be sent during the Closed Beta.

There are two different ways to participate to the The Crew 2 - Closed Beta:

1. Receiving an access confirmation email after registration to the Beta webpage (thecrewgame.com/beta)

a) For PC players
     Access will be automatically granted to your Ubisoft Account at the reception of the email.
    b) For Xbox One & PS4
     Your The Crew 2 - Closed Beta key will be available on your confirmation email.

2. Receiving an invite from a friend already participating to the Closed Beta.

a) For PC players
     Use the confirmation link available on the invitation email to validate your Ubisoft Account.
    b) For Xbox One & PS4
     Use the confirmation link available on the invitation email to request the sending of a second email containing your Closed Beta key.

INSTALL & PLAY

PC Players

- First of all, make sure that Uplay is installed and up to date on your computer. If not, click HERE to download the client.
    - Launch Uplay and enter your Ubisoft Account whitelisted for the Closed Beta access.
    - Select the “Games” menu. The Crew 2 – Closed Beta should now be available in your game library after the preload availability date (May 29th).

PS4 & Xbox One

- After validating your access, carefully note your Closed Beta Key.
    - Start your console and open the official store.
    - Search for the redeem code section and enter the key you received.
    - Download and play the game.

By participating in this The Crew 2 – Closed Beta, you will be able to invite up to three of your Ubisoft friends to try the game.

To do so, you just need to connect to the Beta Page (http://thecrewgame.com/closedbeta) and select the invite friend category.

Please note that you can only invite friends sharing the same gaming platforms as yours and same geographical restrictions are applicable.

Once you have invited your friends, they will receive a confirmation email with all instructions.

If you’ve already been invited to the Closed Beta by a friend, you will not be able to use this feature.

4. TECHNICAL INFORMATION

The download file is approximately of 30GB. Make sure you have enough space on your hard drive, and give yourself some time for the download by taking opportunity of the preload phases.

The Closed Beta will be available for preload on all platforms starting May 29th at 8am UTC / 10am CEST / 4am EDT. If you want to play as soon as the Closed Beta is available, we recommend that you download the game beforehand!

Yes, a Ubisoft account is mandatory to participate to the Closed Beta.

The Crew 2 being an always-connected living experience, an internet connection is required to play this Beta.

e) Do I need an Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation®Plus membership to participate in the Beta?

As for the final game version, this Beta will be fully playable in solo without any XBL Gold or PSN+ subscription. However, playing with friends or joining a crew features will be unavailable without them.

Just like the final game, this The Crew – Beta includes enhanced features on PS4 Pro & Xbox One X.

To be able to play this Beta in the best conditions, we recommend you to check that you meet the following requirements.

More information can be found in our dedicated PC requirements article http://www.thecrewgame.com/pcdetails.

MINIMUM CONFIGURATION – 30 FPS:

Resolution: 1080p
    Video Preset: Low
    OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
    PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5-2400s @ 2.5 GHz or AMD FX-6100 @ 3.3 GHz or equivalent*
    VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or AMD HD 7870 (2GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
    SYSTEM RAM: 8GB

RECOMMENDED CONFIGURATION – 30 FPS:

Video Preset: High
    PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2 GHz or AMD FX 6350 @ 3.9 GHz or equivalent*
    VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD R9 270X (4GB / 2GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
    RECOMMENDED CONFIGURATION – 60 FPS:
    PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5-4690k @ 3.5 GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2 GHz or equivalent*
    VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or AMD FX 470 (4GB / 8GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)

*Please note that, in addition of being below minimum configuration, some processors may be incompatible with the game or some specific features as stated below:

- Processors without SSE 4.X Instruction Set (deployed in 2006)
    - Processors without AVX Instruction Set.

*Supported NVIDIA cards at time of release:
    • GeForce GTX600 series: GeForce GTX 660 or better
    • GeForce GTX700 series: GeForce GTX 760 or better
    • GeForce GTX900 series: GeForce GTX 950 or better
    • GeForce GTX10-Series: GeForce GTX 1050 or better

**Supported AMD cards at time of release:
    • Radeon HD 7000 series: Radeon HD 7870 or better
    • Radeon 200 series: Radeon R9 270x or better
    • Radeon 300/Fury X series: Radeon R7 370 or better
    • Radeon 400 series: Radeon RX 460 or better
    • Radeon Vega series: any Radeon Vega series

The following controllers have been tested with the game:

- Officially Supported
    - Mouse + Keyboard
    - Microsoft Xbox 360
    - Microsoft Xbox One
    - Microsoft Xbox One Elite
    - Sony Playstation 4
    - Steam Controller

Officially supported driving wheels:
    Please note that additional devices may be compatible by default or with further setup.

- PC Wheels

o [PC] Fanatec ClubSport Wheel
    o [PC] Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel
    o [PC] Thrustmaster T500 RS Racing wheel (with Ferrari GTE 458 Challenge Rim )
    o [PC] Thrustmaster T300RS Racing WHEEL
    o [PC] T500 RS Gear Shift
    o [PC] Thrustmaster T100 (Thrustmaster F430 Force Feedback)
    o [PC] Thrustmaster Ferrari Red Legend
    o [PC] Logitech Driving Force GT
    o [PC] Logitech G27
    o [PC] Twin Wheel F1 Combo Wheel
    o [PC] Simraceway SRW-S1
    o [PC] Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer

- Xbox One Wheels

o [Xbox One] ThrustMaster Ferrari 458 Spider Racing Wheel – Xbox One
    o [Xbox One, PC] Thrustmaster VG TX Racing Wheel Leather Edition Premium Official Xbox One Racing Wheel
    o [Xbox One, PC] Thrustmaster TS-XW Racer - P310 Competition Mod
    o [Xbox One, PC] Fanatec csl elite racing wheel Xbox One
    o [Xbox One, PC] Thrustmaster TMX Pro

- PS4 Wheels
    o [PS4/PC] Logitech G29 Driving Force Race Wheel + Logitech G Driving Force Shifter Bundle
    o [PS4/Xbox One] TH8A Add-On Shifter
    o [PS4/PC] Thrustmaster T-GT
    o [PS4/PC] Fanatec csl elite racing wheel PS4
    o [PS4/PC] Thrustmaster T500 RS Racing wheel
    o [PS4/PC] Thrustmaster T150

Officially supported Joysticks:
    o [PC] Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick for Windows
    o [PC] Thrustmaster T16000M FCS Flight Pack - PC
    o [Xbox One/PC] Thrustmaster,T.Filght Hotas One
    o [PS4/PC] Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas 4 Flight Stick for PS4 & PC
    o [PS4/PC] Thrustmaster TFRP Flight Rudder Pedals for PC & Playstation 4

Don’t hesitate to share your experience with other controllers in the forums!

Close Beta FAQ

CLOSED BETA - FAQ

c) What countries are supported in this test?
    d) What languages are supported in this Beta?
    e) Can I stream/publish content about this Beta?
    f) What are the official Beta channels?
    g) How can I share my feedback about the game?
    h) Is there any reward for being part of the Beta?

2. CONTENT

4. TECHNICAL INFORMATION

The Crew 2 – Closed Beta will be available between Thursday, May 31th at 8am UTC / 10am CEST / 4am EDT to Monday, June 4th at the same time.

In order to start playing as soon as the Beta begins, we highly recommend that you preload the build from May 29th at 8am UTC / 10am CEST / 4am EDT.

For any updates or changes to the schedule, please follow our official twitter account @thecrewgame.

The Crew 2 – Closed Beta will be available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC (Uplay).

c) What languages are supported in this Beta?

The Crew 2 - Beta will feature all languages supported by the final game.

Interface Full Audio Subtitles
    English x x x
    French x x x
    Italian x x x
    German x x x
    Spanish x x x
    Arabic x x
    Simplified Chinese x x
    Traditional Chinese x x
    Korean x x
    Japanese x x x
    Dutch x x
    Polish x x
    Portuguese-Brazil x x x
    Russian x x x

d) Can I stream/publish content about this Beta?

Yes you can!

This Beta version features all photo and video editing tools available in the full game. Thanks to the live replay menu, you will be able to create stunning screenshots and short movies, directly from the game!

Share your best moments by using the official hashtag #TheCrew2. We can’t wait to discover what you will create!

e) What are the official Beta channels?

To keep up with the latest news about this Beta, make sure to check the following destinations:

- Closed Beta Page
    http://thecrewgame.com/closedbeta
    This is your entry point for this Closed Beta. Login to check all official information and invite up to 3 of your friends to your The Crew 2 – Closed Beta journey!
    - Closed Beta Forums
    http://thecrewgame.com/cb-forums/
    Connect to the official forums to join the discussion and share your best moments with other petrolheads!

- The Crew Twitter account
    www.twitter.com/thecrewgame
    Subscribe to our official Twitter Channel to receive all live updates about the game.
    - Ubisoft Customer Support
    https://support.ubi.com/games/5165
    If you are experiencing any issues with your Ubisoft account or have difficulties to access your game, please contact our customer support agents.
    f) How can I share my feedback about the game?
    During this Beta phase, you will be able to experience a first glimpse of the The Crew 2 experience.
    - If you wish to share your feedback and discuss with other players, we invite you to join our official Closed Beta forums: http://thecrewgame.com/cb-forums/
    - If you are experiencing any issue with your access to the game or your Ubisoft account, please contact our customer support https://support.ubi.com/games/5165

Thank you for your support!

g) Is there any reward for being part of the Beta?

All participants of the The Crew 2 – Closed Beta will unlock a special reward for the final game. Thanks to the Ubisoft Club, get ready to ride in style with an exclusive Leather Jacket, available in your game inventory from June 29th!
    Learn more on https://club.ubisoft.com/

2. CONTENT

This Beta version comprises a work-in-progress chunk of the content from The Crew 2.

You will be able to explore the entire open-world in freedrive but also discover the first 4 disciplines of the title: Street Racing, Powerboat, Rally Raid & Aerobatics.

Coop play also is available among Beta players, do not hesitate to join our “Looking for group” forums to organize your next play session!

Your characters and progression from this Beta won’t be kept for the final game.

Selected players have been contacted via email on May 29th on their email address associated to the approved Ubisoft Account. Don’t forget to check your spam folder and follow us on @thecrewgame for any update. Additional invites could be sent during the Closed Beta.

There are two different ways to participate to the The Crew 2 - Closed Beta:

1. Receiving an access confirmation email after registration to the Beta webpage (thecrewgame.com/beta)

a) For PC players
     Access will be automatically granted to your Ubisoft Account at the reception of the email.
    b) For Xbox One & PS4
     Your The Crew 2 - Closed Beta key will be available on your confirmation email.

2. Receiving an invite from a friend already participating to the Closed Beta.

a) For PC players
     Use the confirmation link available on the invitation email to validate your Ubisoft Account.
    b) For Xbox One & PS4
     Use the confirmation link available on the invitation email to request the sending of a second email containing your Closed Beta key.

INSTALL & PLAY

PC Players

- First of all, make sure that Uplay is installed and up to date on your computer. If not, click HERE to download the client.
    - Launch Uplay and enter your Ubisoft Account whitelisted for the Closed Beta access.
    - Select the “Games” menu. The Crew 2 – Closed Beta should now be available in your game library after the preload availability date (May 29th).

PS4 & Xbox One

- After validating your access, carefully note your Closed Beta Key.
    - Start your console and open the official store.
    - Search for the redeem code section and enter the key you received.
    - Download and play the game.

By participating in this The Crew 2 – Closed Beta, you will be able to invite up to three of your Ubisoft friends to try the game.

To do so, you just need to connect to the Beta Page (http://thecrewgame.com/closedbeta) and select the invite friend category.

Please note that you can only invite friends sharing the same gaming platforms as yours and same geographical restrictions are applicable.

Once you have invited your friends, they will receive a confirmation email with all instructions.

If you’ve already been invited to the Closed Beta by a friend, you will not be able to use this feature.

4. TECHNICAL INFORMATION

The download file is approximately of 30GB. Make sure you have enough space on your hard drive, and give yourself some time for the download by taking opportunity of the preload phases.

The Closed Beta will be available for preload on all platforms starting May 29th at 8am UTC / 10am CEST / 4am EDT. If you want to play as soon as the Closed Beta is available, we recommend that you download the game beforehand!

Yes, a Ubisoft account is mandatory to participate to the Closed Beta.

The Crew 2 being an always-connected living experience, an internet connection is required to play this Beta.

As for the final game version, this Beta will be fully playable in solo without any XBL Gold or PSN+ subscription. However, playing with friends or joining a crew features will be unavailable without them.

Just like the final game, this The Crew – Beta includes enhanced features on PS4 Pro & Xbox One X.

To be able to play this Beta in the best conditions, we recommend you to check that you meet the following requirements.

More information can be found in our dedicated PC requirements article http://www.thecrewgame.com/pcdetails.

MINIMUM CONFIGURATION – 30 FPS:

Video Preset: Low
    PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5-2400s @ 2.5 GHz or AMD FX-6100 @ 3.3 GHz or equivalent*
    VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or AMD HD 7870 (2GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)

RECOMMENDED CONFIGURATION – 30 FPS:

PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2 GHz or AMD FX 6350 @ 3.9 GHz or equivalent*
    VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD R9 270X (4GB / 2GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
    RECOMMENDED CONFIGURATION – 60 FPS:
    PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5-4690k @ 3.5 GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2 GHz or equivalent*
    VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or AMD FX 470 (4GB / 8GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)

*Please note that, in addition of being below minimum configuration, some processors may be incompatible with the game or some specific features as stated below:

- Processors without SSE 4.X Instruction Set (deployed in 2006)
    - Processors without AVX Instruction Set.

*Supported NVIDIA cards at time of release:
    • GeForce GTX600 series: GeForce GTX 660 or better
    • GeForce GTX700 series: GeForce GTX 760 or better
    • GeForce GTX900 series: GeForce GTX 950 or better
    • GeForce GTX10-Series: GeForce GTX 1050 or better

**Supported AMD cards at time of release:
    • Radeon HD 7000 series: Radeon HD 7870 or better
    • Radeon 200 series: Radeon R9 270x or better
    • Radeon 300/Fury X series: Radeon R7 370 or better
    • Radeon 400 series: Radeon RX 460 or better
    • Radeon Vega series: any Radeon Vega series

The following controllers have been tested with the game:

- Officially Supported
    - Mouse + Keyboard
    - Microsoft Xbox 360
    - Microsoft Xbox One
    - Microsoft Xbox One Elite
    - Sony Playstation 4
    - Steam Controller

Officially supported driving wheels:
    Please note that additional devices may be compatible by default or with further setup.

- PC Wheels

o [PC] Fanatec ClubSport Wheel
    o [PC] Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel
    o [PC] Thrustmaster T500 RS Racing wheel (with Ferrari GTE 458 Challenge Rim )
    o [PC] Thrustmaster T300RS Racing WHEEL
    o [PC] T500 RS Gear Shift
    o [PC] Thrustmaster T100 (Thrustmaster F430 Force Feedback)
    o [PC] Thrustmaster Ferrari Red Legend
    o [PC] Logitech Driving Force GT
    o [PC] Logitech G27
    o [PC] Twin Wheel F1 Combo Wheel
    o [PC] Simraceway SRW-S1
    o [PC] Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer

- Xbox One Wheels

o [Xbox One] ThrustMaster Ferrari 458 Spider Racing Wheel – Xbox One
    o [Xbox One, PC] Thrustmaster VG TX Racing Wheel Leather Edition Premium Official Xbox One Racing Wheel
    o [Xbox One, PC] Thrustmaster TS-XW Racer - P310 Competition Mod
    o [Xbox One, PC] Fanatec csl elite racing wheel Xbox One
    o [Xbox One, PC] Thrustmaster TMX Pro

- PS4 Wheels
    o [PS4/PC] Logitech G29 Driving Force Race Wheel + Logitech G Driving Force Shifter Bundle
    o [PS4/Xbox One] TH8A Add-On Shifter
    o [PS4/PC] Thrustmaster T-GT
    o [PS4/PC] Fanatec csl elite racing wheel PS4
    o [PS4/PC] Thrustmaster T500 RS Racing wheel
    o [PS4/PC] Thrustmaster T150

Officially supported Joysticks:
    o [PC] Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick for Windows
    o [PC] Thrustmaster T16000M FCS Flight Pack - PC
    o [Xbox One/PC] Thrustmaster,T.Filght Hotas One
    o [PS4/PC] Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas 4 Flight Stick for PS4 & PC
    o [PS4/PC] Thrustmaster TFRP Flight Rudder Pedals for PC & Playstation 4

Don’t hesitate to share your experience with other controllers in the forums!