🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Far Cry forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.
    Originally Posted by marteky Go to original post
    can't believe i dont see the possibility to texture multiple generic objects at the same time, or the option to texture different side of a generic with different textures o be added.. So basic functions but not available.
    sorely needed!!

Steve64b's Avatar Senior Member
    I've got some annoyances with the editor, on PC at least. I think they may be preventing me from actually making maps with it, as I still prefer FC4's editor currently. I already reported these issues to Ubisoft a long time ago, not sure if they just went in the bin. Not sure if they're feature suggestions per se, just figured I'd post them here:

• Remove the selection overlay that's distracting me from seeing an object's true visual representation. The yellow 'selected' tint makes white objects appear yellow, I'd rather have a feature to disable that overlay completely, or appear more like FC4's occasional "white" shine/glow effect.
    • I would prefer to be able to toggle Occlusion Mesh visibility in the editor again. This feature was removed between builds, and now causes people to complain about parts of their maps turning invisible.
    • Fix the GUI/Repaint bugs. For example:
      -Tool Windows' interface doesn't respond snappy (example: try sliding sliders to 0% and 100%, Editor won't register all the intermediate steps in realtime) and text is prone to ghosting.
      -After Navmesh tiles are generated completely, mouse&camera position indicators do not update appropriately, making it rather useless for me. I want to know where my mouse is pointing to a lot, so I can sample terrain height and set object/lake heights accordingly.
    • Fix the unreliable hotkeys/keyboard shortcuts. Probably happens because the keyboard setfocus of editor window is not always applied correctly. Examples:
      -I (would) frequently use the CTRL key+arrow keys when working with the move&rotate tools. If I use the 2,3 hotkeys to switch to the tools, those Tool Windows will get the focus instead of the editor window. So I can't quickly switch to Move tool, then hold CTRL+Arrow RIGHT to rotate the object, instead it'll walk through the Object Tool's window by tabindex.
      -Using CTRL+E to start Explore mode, then trying to move with WSAD gives me windows "Error" beeps, until I SetFocus/WinActivate the editor viewport window.
    • An object's impact on the Navmesh is not shown directly when object is selected. This makes it harder to construct specific navmesh 'paths' because you can't see the object's effect on the navmesh until you deselect it.

Just copy only the first 2 requests in the main post, the rest is just in case any devs/CMs happen to read this post again.

cy12's Avatar Junior Member
    How do you make snow piles on houses. I have the xbox one x.

Drawing patrol lines, point to point, for AI movement. Potential for pause duration at each point. Kind of like laying road/path.

Add own royaly free music to levels.

Add saved assets library when making custom objects that can then be pulled from library into new maps.

Everything from Splinter Cell ^^ including gadgets, press against wall, go prone, scale ledges, jump and grab rope etc. All mechanics.
     2 people found this helpful

DapperHayden007's Avatar Far Cry 3 Elite Member
    Originally Posted by Sabotur Go to original post
    Drawing patrol lines, point to point, for AI movement. Potential for pause duration at each point. Kind of like laying road/path.

Add own royaly free music to levels.

Add saved assets library when making custom objects that can then be pulled from library into new maps.

Everything from Splinter Cell ^^ including gadgets, press against wall, go prone, scale ledges, jump and grab rope etc. All mechanics.
    Like the pathing idea, reminds me of a game I've seen with that feature, adds an additional layer to scripting in one way.

Music would be difficult because Ubi would have to look into each map to make sure it's not stealing music that isn't royalty free

Rather than saved assets, I'd love a blueprints system, always said sharing assets alongside maps would be an amazing addition.

Originally Posted by DapperHayden007 Go to original post
    Music would be difficult because Ubi would have to look into each map to make sure it's not stealing music that isn't royalty free
    It could just be a library of royalty free music in-game.

Pls. implement FC4 Snowmobile/FC-Primal rideable Animals in Far Cry 5 Arcade Editor

Due to the popularity of snowmaps among arcade map developers and players, I think it would be very desirable if Ubisoft would implement the snowmobile (incl. snowsoldier/s) from the Far Cry 4 game/editor into the Far Cry 5 editor - which should be a piece of cake due to its compatibility, and has already been done with some other objects. I'm therefore surprised that it hasn't happened with many other extraordinary/popular objects yet - which also applies to Far Cry Primal.

I miss the hovercraft and the gyrocopter from FC4 - and above all rideable... Animals from FC-4/-Primal.

This would offer undreamt-of gameplay possibilities in the Arcade Editor, far away from the usual "shooting monotony". And would significantly increase the interest in the arcade mode/game itself - and thus also the longevity.

For my part, I'd love to use it for arcade map building. For me it's even a must have to deal with the editor in the long run - and many others are certainly similar. Especially for Ubisoft, there is hardly any extra effort, as the objects are already available and are largely compatible with FC5.

So please, dear Ubisoft developers, complete the Arcade Editor by going there.

Originally Posted by limited-2016 Go to original post
    Due to the popularity of snowmaps among arcade map developers and players, I think it would be very desirable if Ubisoft would implement the snowmobile from the Far Cry 4 game/editor into the Far Cry 5 editor - which should be a piece of cake due to its compatibility, and has already been done with some other objects. I'm therefore surprised that it hasn't happened with many other extraordinary/popular objects yet - which also applies to Far Cry Primal.

I miss the hovercraft and the gyrocopter from FC4 - and above all rideable... Animals from FC-4/-Primal.

This would offer undreamt-of gameplay possibilities in the Arcade Editor, far away from the usual shooting "monotony". And would significantly increase the interest in the arcade mode/game itself - and thus also the longevity.

For my part, I'd love to use it for arcade map building. For me it's even a must have to deal with the editor in the long run - and many others are certainly similar. Especially for Ubisoft, there is hardly any extra effort, as the objects are already available and are largely compatible with FC5.

So please, Ubisoft developers, complete the Arcade Editor by going there.
    I agree.

Instead of 'replace' objects for FC6, please 'add' to existing library of assets.

5 year objective: Players can re-create any game campaign from the Far Cry series using the in-game map-editor and have all the tools to create events, levels, basically all the current dev tools.
     1 people found this helpful

Yes Sabotur, that would be ideal of course, and so would my wish.

Page 6 of 6 ◄◄  First ... 456