Far Cry 5 Map Editor Separate PC Download?

Since I play on console, the editor is all weird. Personally, I think that the Far Cry 5 map editor should come as a separate download on PC. Am I the only one that thinks this? The controls are wonky and for a serious (but adept I might mention) map maker like me I like everything exact. I am pretty sure the PC map editor does not come as a separate download but I'm not paying $60 twice for the editor. I don't know, it may seem weird to some of you guys, but maybe this could happen eventually.

I agree,Still i cant launch the editor directly from the icon i have to launch the whole game then switch to the editor through that because if i launch it directly it doesn't work.

I agree

I agree completely, I tend to think I am a fairly creative guy and would like to try and make some maps to have some fun on but the controls on the console are clumsy at best and precision is key when trying to make a quality and halfway playable map.

AKAFootloose's Avatar Member
    If you make a map on PC it can only be played on PC unless it gets Featured and Ubisoft converts it to consoles.

DapperHayden is a LIAR AND CANT BE TRUSTED
    Originally Posted by Bolitov Go to original post
    I agree completely, I tend to think I am a fairly creative guy and would like to try and make some maps to have some fun on but the controls on the console are clumsy at best and precision is key when trying to make a quality and halfway playable map.
    Nothing wrong with the map editor on console, i dont have any problems creating what ever map i want on xbox. are you new to map making on far cry?
     1 people found this helpful

Fallen-Champ's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by AW LOST SOLDIER Go to original post
    Nothing wrong with the map editor on console
    Auto Scroll OFF does not work that's whats wrong.

And sure if you have patience and use the camera lock or the pivot points you can get good results but the fact is this feature was working on PS4 back in December and it released broken so would be nice to have this fixed as it is much quicker / makes life a little easier also.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by AW LOST SOLDIER Go to original post
    are you new to map making on far cry?
    just because someone has a problem with a function of the editor does not make them new! lol

DapperHayden is a LIAR AND CANT BE TRUSTED
    Originally Posted by sly6276 Go to original post
    just because someone has a problem with a function of the editor does not make them new! lol
    But it makes it very likely they are new to mapping, most long time mappers adapt and just crack on with building. the map editor is an awesome tool, but it's not perfect. not much in life is perfect. we bump into problems and adapt, we dont give up because of a few small issues.

Steve64b's Avatar Senior Member
    Perhaps after all the updates of Far Cry 5 have been released, Ubisoft may be inclined to release the Editor/Arcade as a Free-To-Play title?

Player numbers are dwindling, and I bet this is because players only see Far Cry 5 as the campaign and DLC missions, and are missing the whole deal with Arcade.

Assuming multiplayer gets patched and fans are more positive about the Arcade experience, offering the Arcade for free will probably attract far more players than ever before, and they can build on the maps that are already released.

Then, if there's an incentive to use/buy the Silver Bars for exclusive Arcade content, it'd mean the Arcade could have a life of its own, aside from Far Cry?