🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Assassin's Creed forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.

No Animus Control board for Consoles? Why?

What's wrong with including the Animus Control Board for Consoles?
     1 people found this helpful

Sucks I thought this month in April would actually have something for all of us... Iím sad was hoping for maybe new gods or new rewards for god that were not all only about Anubis..

Originally Posted by xxginger11 Go to original post
    What's wrong with including the Animus Control Board for Consoles?
    Do consoles have Uplay? It's tied into that.

How do you think we have benn doing weekly challenges

Originally Posted by xSloodx Go to original post
    How do you think we have benn doing weekly challenges
    No need to be condescending. I'm not a console gamer.

It has the Uplay app? I really have no idea here.

I think it comes down to whether Sony or Microsoft will allow external apps to mess with the game code on the consoles. Since uPlay on PC is a platform that Ubisoft owns, they can do whatever they want on it without having to ask another company for permission and license. Also those changes could potentially have direct impact on game performance, something that has to be taken into account when you have limited resources and not that tech savvy gaming audience. It's easier for a PC gamer to accept game bugs and performance losses when dealing with mods and stuff meant for side fun and experiments. I think for this feature to work on consoles, Ubisoft have to optimize it perfectly in order to get a license from Sony or Microsoft, which btw is paid license.
     5 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by MnemonicSyntax Go to original post
    No need to be condescending. I'm not a console gamer.

It has the Uplay app? I really have no idea here.
    Hello, we do have a Ubisoft Club app to follow the stats of our ubi games but we donít have a Uplay app nor uplay launcher like people on PC.

Originally Posted by DoGGyLajoie Go to original post
    Hello, we do have a Ubisoft Club app to follow the stats of our ubi games but we donít have a Uplay app nor uplay launcher like people on PC.
    Thanks for the response. I suspect that the below post might be part of it.

But I won't pretend to know how consoles or licensing.information works because I simply do not know.

Originally Posted by MetoF50 Go to original post
    I think it comes down to whether Sony or Microsoft will allow external apps to mess with the game code on the consoles. Since uPlay on PC is a platform that Ubisoft owns, they can do whatever they want on it without having to ask another company for permission and license. Also those changes could potentially have direct impact on game performance, something that has to be taken into account when you have limited resources and not that tech savvy gaming audience. It's easier for a PC gamer to accept game bugs and performance losses when dealing with mods and stuff meant for side fun and experiments. I think for this feature to work on consoles, Ubisoft have to optimize it perfectly in order to get a license from Sony or Microsoft, which btw is paid license.
    This is good information if true and something I wasn't aware of regarding licensing. Thanks for sharing.

Ubisoft Club unlocks items within the game, so it is messing around with the game's code. Also Ubisoft Club has it's achievements and challenges that are unlocked by doing in game content.

I will now have to consider getting ACO for PC when it's on sale... this feature sounds pretty awesome.

Wonder how performance would be on a low-medium spec PC. Any helpful info on that?