So, Way back around summer of last year, I started working on a new track on my Xbox. I was about a month or so into the build when I lost my save (this is another huge issue, but not when im here to talk about now). Luckily, i had been regularly backing my track up via track central since i knew xbox was prone to losing its data (it had happened to me twice in the past). Unfortunately, when it happened, i didnt have a good enough PC to actually play trials, so a few month went by with no progress being made.

Fast forward to around November of last year, i finally decide to treat myself to a new PC. One of the things I wanted to do on my PC was finally finish my track, which i started to work on again thanks to some PC file trickery which im sure you guys are aware of already. Life happened and i was taken away for a while, but finally started work on it again about 2-3 weeks ago.

Fast forward to this past week and im FINALLY ready to release the damn track, and believe me, i could not be happier. Over 500 hours in the editor will make you never want to see your track in the editor again let me tell you... xD

So... I release the track!

.........aaaaaaaaaaand it lags on PC and Xbox... GREAT, time to release a fix...
.........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand i release a fix... oh, it still lags... AMAZING... Lets get a new fix on the go...
.........aaaaaaaaaaa........ you get the picture....

Try FIVE more fixes and a completely butchered track later, i FINALLY get somethign to actually run on console, despite getting perfect 60fps on my pc since the initial release...

Now i cant really complain about my track not running on console, but i do have a lot to say about how TERRIBLE the control over the tracks we publish is... Im slightly OCD, so i cant even tell you how annoying it is to have 4 versions of the same track (6 if you include the original xbox backups) on my track central list, and the track removal thread has been dead now for like half a year now...

So, on to the suggestion.

I cant even count the number of tracks i have seen that require Fixes that become apparently less than 1 hour after the initial release of a track. Why not make it so that tracks released are given a 7 day period where the tracks can simply be removed by the creator. They can be marked with a special stamp similar to the dlc whist they are in this period so that players will be aware there is the potential for the track to be removed and the scores lost. After the 7 days, the stamp is removed and the track becomes a permenant addition. This will prevent the flooding of fixed versions of tracks from entering Track central, and prevent you guys from having to manually remove tracks on the forums every week or so.

and just for the crack il post a few pics of my track because i can, although they dont look as good as they should... xD