ghmorello's Avatar Senior Member
    Aww man, I missed a baseball themed clue.

Anyways, with Variety Packs, I tend to predict the remaining genres for my guesses. I'll say the other three genres will be hard rock, pop rock, and alternative.

TuftyMcTavish's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by MartynQ Go to original post
    Hang on! Are you me, posting under another account? Though I would like a Marillion pack (featuring the whole of Script) and a Magnum pack, but don't honestly expect to see either. (I've only ever seen one Marillion song appear in a guitar magazine transcription during my many years and no Magnum songs, so presumably very few people are interested in these two bands.)
    I have already requested all of those songs! I think Magnum's "Chase The Dragon" was the first vinyl album I ever bought. And I LOVE Fish-era Marillion. Plus I'd take literally anything by Def Leppard. So n'yah!

MartynQ's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by TuftyMcTavish Go to original post
    I have already requested all of those songs! I think Magnum's "Chase The Dragon" was the first vinyl album I ever bought. And I LOVE Fish-era Marillion. Plus I'd take literally anything by Def Leppard. So n'yah!
    I've requested eight Magnum songs, fifteen Marillion songs, and seven Def Leppard songs... and I'm sure to request more.

Strangely, one of my colleagues at a previous institution happened also to be Mark Kelly's "best man" (keyboard player from Marillion). He found it quite entertaining to see me turn up to work in a Marillion T-shirt.

Danny-Ramone's Avatar Senior Member
    That Oingo Bongo song is definitely the best of the tracks posted or mentioned in this thread.

I'm really starting to dread this pack...

Gold_Jim's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by The_Working_Man Go to original post
    Predicting an infidelity with underage girls pack.

Is that Peter ****lage on his left (our right)? I doubt he would tout it considering the lyrics to that song. Yikes!

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    Josie's on a vacation a-far awayyy

Gold_Jim's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by UbiVertigo Go to original post
    Confirmed!

"Your Love" by The Outfield will be one of 4 songs on Variety Song Pack XIV!

Thanks again to RS222 for this [baseball reference] of a clue!

Let the wild speculation begin.
    These days, good drummers are hard to find for The Outfield and even tuned down a full step, this song is hard to play! My band plays it in D to make it easier to place in the set list.

What the heck here's my wish list of songs I have requested hoping make it into the pack )

"The Weight" from The Band
    "Little Suzi" from Tesla (Maybe the car under the cover is a Tesla)
    "Photograph" from Def Leppard
    "Can't You See" The Marshall Tucker Band
    "All Along The Watchtower" Jimi Hendrix
    "Midnight Rider" The Allman Brothers Band
    "Princess of the Dawn" ,"Winter Dreams", "Neon Nights", by Accept

Jayrocksd's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Tarthas Go to original post
    What the heck here's my wish list of songs I have requested hoping make it into the pack )

With the exception of Accept, this list could easily have been written by me. Photograph would be top of my list. Everyone would love all along the Watchtower. For the Band, I would probably choose the Night they drove Old Dixie Down. I love Marshall Tucker Band although I wish they would have featured Toy Caldwell's guitar more prominently. I have a live version of Toy playing this Ol' Cowboy where the guitar is amazing. Anything by Duane Allman; Live at Fillmore East is one of my favorite albums. I actually like Accept as well, although I was unfamiliar with the songs until now.

Originally Posted by Tarthas Go to original post

I would be ecstatic if any of those songs were to make it into Rocksmith.

On the subject of Accept, I'd include "Fast as a Shark", "Restless and Wild", "Burning", "London Leatherboys" or "Metal Heart" before "Winter Dreams" or "Neon Nights". Still any more Accept in Rocksmith would be fantastic. Wolf Hoffman is kind of a German Tony Iommi, easily the best metal guitarist you've probably never heard of (well, except for Mark Reale)