I'm on PC and during the credits on the bottom right corner of the screen, it said to press the "Esc" key to Quit. At first it wasn't working but then I realized I had to hold onto the "Esc" key (just like you hold onto the key to revive someone). Then it worked. I was able to go back into the game. By the way, when you go back into the game after the credits you can summon all your partners again.
    Spoiler:  Show
    (so it looks like they survived the nuclear blast at the end)

Still no fix for this problem ? Come on Ubisoft

For real. I’m trying to play

Unable to continue Far Cry 5 after the credits!

After finishing the main campaign in Far Cry 5, whenever I continue my game. Once loaded, Jacob Seed’s manipulative music : “ Only You! “ Will play and the credits will start, seconds after loading in the world. This continually happens after loading into the world and on PS4 so far there is no known avoidance of this glitch. I know many people who choose the “ Leave “ option at the final scene with Joseph Seed have suffered with this issue on console. Please may you patch this as multiple people are suffering from this game breaking glitch and I would prefer not to restart my game. If a patch is coming, how soon as I can further choose whether to restart my game.

MikeJDRW's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Outlier2004 Go to original post
    Are you guys saying that you can't complete unfinished story missions or side missions after the credits roll? Is it possible to hold off fighting the final boss fight or are you authomatically thrown right into it? I've read that for Faith and Jacob, you don't have a choice and the game automatically makes you fight them when the resistance points are full. But for John, you have a choice of when you want to fight him. So you could finish up any incomplete missions before fighting John. What's the case for the final boss fight (I'm assuming it's Joseph). Do you have a choice of when to fight him or are you automatically forced to fight him like Faith & Jacob?
    Well I took out John first, followed by Jacob and then Faith. Then after finishing off Joseph the game went into the credits and the Esc button doesn't work; but I will try your "holding" it method (PC here also) and see if that ends it and allows me to free roam. Yeah the timed sessions that Jacob forces the player to go through are tough and may prevent me from playing again, but it was a fun, but quick game; unfortunately for the $ investd it was too quick of a game! I also felt forced to combat the bosses by the Ubisoft programming, and story line, even though I took time to look for the vinyl, bobble heads and comic books and some prepper stashes. Was planning to do the races in free roam mode.

MikeJDRW's Avatar Member
    Yeah that technique of holding down the "Esc" button worked.