OurJud's Avatar Senior Member

Dashboard GPS, pleeeease!

As someone who plays with the whole HUD / interface disabled, a GPS on the dashboard of vehicles (a la Far Cry 2) would be a dream come true. I can't tell you how tiresome it gets, or how big an immersion killer it is, having to constantly bring up the map to get your bearings.

If we could open the map once, set a waypoint and then have our route traced on the GPS, I would be as happy as a pig in sssssugar.
     2 people found this helpful

Or map like in FC2? For someone like me who's on foot all the time.
     4 people found this helpful

MikeWeeks's Avatar Senior Member
    Been a consistent request since FC3 - you see the results, unfortunately ...

Originally Posted by MikeWeeks Go to original post
    Been a consistent request since FC3 - you see the results, unfortunately ...
    I get that it's frustrating they don't give us what we ask for game in game out, but to me it doesn't make sense and I can only think there are other reasons these things don't get included.

I mean why, when the whole idea of making games is to sell as many units and make as much money as possible, would they NOT give us the things they know we want? It's counter-productive and that's something no business is interested in.

Sometimes it's almost as though the fans think game developers omit certain features just to annoy us - which is a silly reasoning if you ask me. There has to be other reasons, and please don't quote that old cliched, 'laziness', because it's not that either.

There's indeed a reason why a specific feature was removed. That's different then not adding a requested feature.

Unfortunately you will not see any game media ask any developers those questions ...
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by MikeWeeks Go to original post
    There's indeed a reason why a specific feature was removed. That's different then not adding a requested feature.

Unfortunately you will not see any game media ask any developers those questions ...
    There's also a difference between adding a requested feature and adding a requested feature BACK. I'd really like to know the reasons...
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Zv1k3c Go to original post
    There's also a difference between adding a requested feature and adding a requested feature BACK. I'd really like to know the reasons...
    Indeed.

Viragoxv535's Avatar Far Cry 3 Elite Member
    Hand-held map a-la Far Cry 2 and Metro Exodus.

Before this thread gets hijacked completely, I'll stress the original request is for GPS in vehicles.

Just you wait ...

If you have HUD items off, as I do, then why are you asking for a GPS device? What you'd like is a map on dash, right?