Who are you?

My name is CoreyDobie, but you can just call me Corey.

What’s the story behind your username?

Well, it's fairly simple really. My name is Corey, my favorite breed of dog is a Doberman Pinscher, so CoreyDobie came about. The Doberman Pinscher is my favorite breed because it embodies me as a person. Loyal, caring and fiercely protective of those who are close to me.

What’s an average day look like for you?

Monday through Friday is standard 7-3 work week. I sling car parts and other consumer goods through ecommerce sites like eBay, Amazon and Newegg.

When I get back to my home, I turn on my custom built computer and settle down for as much gaming as I can handle.

What’s a random subject that you could talk endlessly about?

The lore and environment in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl

How did you get into PC gaming?

My venture into PC gaming is long and storied. My first memory of playing games on the PC was Roller Coaster Tycoon on my parents/family computer. You could consider playing Number Munchers and Math Invaders at Grade School, but I don't consider these games as it wasn't very fun playing those, even though they are a very helpful tool when learning basic math functions.

My second memory of playing PC games was the dark side of gaming, at least for me and my family as I was playing the games my parents deemed inappropriate for my age. I would go over to a buddies house around the corner to play games like Duke Nukem. Once my parents found out, I couldn't hang out with my friend at his place, he had to come over to ours

Why do you play on PC?

There is a lot of reasons as to why I play on PC. Most of my friends play on PC, so it's easier to find people to play with. Since they play all different types, whatever I'm feeling in the mood for, I have someone to group up with.

There is also the catalog. The amount of games I can choose from to play is staggering. My catalog has over 500 games in it, so it's amazing.

What is your favorite PC game?

The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Trilogy is my all-time favorite set of games.

What game/games do you consider to have had the biggest impact on you and why?

I've mentioned this a few times throughout this interview, but the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games. Primarily because it got me into world building and learning about the lore that surrounds the games that we play

Which game you would buy your friend to introduce them to PC gaming?

That's a tough one because I have a lot of favorites. The stuff I would introduce to them is RTS games as those are almost nonexistent in console games. Stuff like Sins of a Solar Empire and Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War

If you could play only one game for the rest of your life, which one would it be?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R., simply because of all the choices you can make that effect how the game turns out. Personal decisions can affect the story, the load outs you chose can alter how you play the game. It's a lot of choices and consequences

Which future game are you excited about?

Metro Exodus, The Division 2, and Atomic Heart.

What communities are you most involved with?

I am primarily in the NGON community with a sprinkling in a few other communities, though I am not the most active in a lot of them as I tend to stick close to a small handful of friends

Why are you drawn to these communities?

The companionship that comes from gaming, bringing people together from all around the world to enjoy each other’s company and working together to beat the biggest and baddest bosses we have ever experienced

Do you have a favorite memory from these communities you can share?

When I first started playing The Division on the Xbox One around the 1.2 patch before moving over to PC in November of 2016, I didn't have any one else to run around with. I got to about Napalm Production before I hit the proverbial brick wall and couldn't progress any further. I was constantly getting gutted by runners and Joe Ferro. I still wasn't familiar with how gear really worked, stat management, how gear and weapon mods affected your abilities. I was new! I'm used to regular shooters where you threw on the new shiny gear and continued on the path of destruction.

After constantly running into that wall, my ego was finally beaten and I went into matchmaking. Of course there was a few rounds of people who didn't want to work with a rookie, but after that, I finally met a chill dude from Canada, who decided to stick it out and run with me from Napalm Production on to the end of the campaign. He was kind enough to explain how gear works, what numbers to look for and what balances to go for depending on play style.

It was this guy that helped me out, even getting a few of his buddies to join in, that really got me to enjoy the game. Even though we have gone our separate ways as I moved to PC and he stayed on Xbox One, it's still one of my best memories of playing co-op online

What are the first words that pop in your head when you hear the following:

Gaming - Fun
Hardware - Important
Framerate -144fps
Console - Second
Indie - Up and Coming
Strategy - Time Consuming
VR - Future
Pixel - Lots of it
Streaming - Entertainment
Achievements - Collection
Winning - Not important