Ubi-CJ's Avatar Community Manager

Far Cry Arcade Editor Manual

New to map-making? We've got you covered with an in-depth map-makers guide with clear step-by-step instructions for all platforms.
     1 people found this helpful

This is a very nice explanation of the different map types and their basic requirements but there's a lot more one needs to know that isn't covered (tools to shape terrain, place objects, environmental effects, etc.). Some of it is intuitive, much can be learned by just messing around, but if you really get into map making, I would suggest joining a community of enthusiasts. Feedback and help from others is invaluable. One example: the Far Cry Map Editors group on FaceBook.
     1 people found this helpful

SPYmaps's Avatar Member
    Already there are some great tutorial video's to be found on You Tube when you search under Far Cry 5 leveleditor tutorials or something simular.
    But, they all cover the basics only. I know, the game is only a few days out yet so its the beginning. But already i want much more in depth tutorials,
    not just the ones on how to make terrain etc. Because that we already could learn from tutorials from Fa Cry mapping 3 and 4.

But as i said, the game is only 3 days ago released, so there is time.

By the way, LOVE the game, and, LOVE the editor!

Leon

Am iI the only one who cannot see the whole map editor guide?

Ok, so I have checked this out several times, and all I see is the beginning of the guide which asks which platform, and then a page that illustrates an introduction...but there is no next button for the rest of the content in the map editor? I shouldn't feel this frustrated with this game so quickly..but between this and the 6 player minimum on the multiplayer maps, all my enthusiasm is gone for this game!!!

apapoutsas's Avatar Member
    Just a quick thing I noticed. All the links don't work from within the PC editor, they link to the main website. I think it would be helpful to link to this guide link instead (from PC editor > Help > USER MANUAL (WEBSITE).

I tried looking at this a couple days into making my first FC5 map. Clicked the link for it on my PS4 and when it took me to the site, the format it was in made it completely unreadable. Has that been fixed?

DapperHayden is a LIAR AND CANT BE TRUSTED
    Sorry wrong thread. deleted.

Steve64b's Avatar Senior Member
    In the meantime for newcomers, check out Ubisoft's Far Cry 4 Map Editor tutorial. Same principles still apply:

I've seen more detailed blog posts on the FC5 editor than this.

Why can't I upload maps which pass validation? The MAIN issue people are having is "upload failed" I have half my maps which won't upload yet I find others with equally complex terrain which do. No feedback from UbiSoft and no fix.

I'm fine with there being restrictions, just tell us what they are!

Help?

I have it for the PS4 and I was wondering on how to update the map I have published with a newer version.