Not certain, but I believe the cause of this bug is fast travelling to the Whitetail bunker after the John Seed mission.

Am I the only one who's done that? I play on the PC and back-up my saves. After getting the bug shortly after defeating him, I started over from the "night" like beacon destroying, and never fast travelled into the "locked" bunker after killing Jacob (I was eager to check on new items).

No nighttime bug since...about 2 hours more of gameplay

MikeWeeks's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Jovianstone Go to original post
    Not certain, but I believe the cause of this bug is fast travelling to the Whitetail bunker after the John Seed mission.

Am I the only one who's done that? I play on the PC and back-up my saves. After getting the bug shortly after defeating him, I started over from the "night" like beacon destroying, and never fast travelled into the "locked" bunker after killing Jacob (I was eager to check on new items).

No nighttime bug since...about 2 hours more of gameplay
    I have yet to experience the bug (and have not updated to the latest patch). My theory is if you FT or exit the game upon the end of mission which ends at night (such as the Cleansing), you well might get the bug.

I always continue play and leave the area of where any mission ends, so that it turns day, and I reach an actual re-spawning location before saving and exiting. I also am doing my own backup saves.

ubi--unicorn's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey MikeWeeks, this issue has been resolved.

Infinite night

Unlike most people on the forum, my game froze on night time after a mission (which I can’t remember the name of) that included Jacob. It might have been the mission were you kill him, because it was a day or two after that one that my game froze at. I’ve tried liberating outposts, restarting the game, re-doing missions, dying, fast traveling and nothing works. Please fix the ASAP Ubisoft, it takes away the beauty of the game. Thanks. By the way I use PS4.

ubi--unicorn's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey Aidan.Den, is your game up to date?

MikeWeeks's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by ubi--unicorn Go to original post
    Hey MikeWeeks, this issue has been resolved.
    As I stated, I never got the always-night bug, I've now updated to 1.5 and I will continue with game play until daylight, if a mission ends at night.