UbiDomZ's Avatar Community Manager

Far Cry 5 - New Map Editor Video!

Are you excited for Far Cry Arcade? Watch some of our most active Far Cry map builders meet the developers and test out the new Map Editor!

7 people found this helpful

Okay so you guys have pretty much mastered the editor! Amazing work. Now just to master making lobby systems! Should be a far cheaper thing to master and you guys already did such a good job mastering the editor I have complete faith you can master lobbies too!
     3 people found this helpful

It is great seeing some of mapping buddies working with the studio! Looks great!
     1 people found this helpful

Viragoxv535's Avatar Far Cry 3 Elite Member
    HorTyS, what were you doing there? I thought you were not really into the MP

I had a blast there, Thank you again Ubi for the great time and amazing hospitality!
     2 people found this helpful

unsorted-guy's Avatar Junior Member
    Very fun video! ! love seing community members being invited to check out the mode!

HorTyS's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Viragoxv535 Go to original post
    HorTyS, what were you doing there? I thought you were not really into the MP

I will say I was definitely surprised to get the invite! I'm certainly not as active of a ME user as anyone else who was there thats for sure, I have no illusions about that, but I thought maybe that was part of the reason. They seemed genuinely interested in hearing about community feedback from multiple perspectives. Or maybe they'd invited others who were unavailable and had to settle for me? haha. It was a privilege to get the opportunity, it was awesome seeing the studio, the editor & meeting the people behind the game as well as the other community members! Thanks again Ubi for everything!

HorTyS's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by GRAW2ROBZ Go to original post
    That jet ski map the water looks to clean.
    I didn't mess with water too much in my time with it, I know akilyoung could answer this much better than I can, but there are a number of properties you can assign to the water for it's appearance. You could make muddier water if you wanted for sure...

I've been losing sleep. I just can't stop my brain. I can't wait till this comes out! Finally, Ubisoft is listening!

Here is a sentiment that was shared on Facebook recently, and it's something that concerns me.

"Hopefully my fears are misguided, but I'm starting to get a really bad feeling about this game. I think the editor will be fantastic - one of the best we've ever seen so far on consoles. But all that will be for naught if they make it a pain in the *** to share and play maps. Yes, I know that private matches are an option, but IMHO the password system is going to be a huge pain in the ***. I've NEVER seen a game that requires password access to play on a private match. Usually you just send invites. And I know that technically, you can get your maps played on a public match, but that's purely random chance, and relies on a lobby that isn't full of ****ing idiots who just want to play stock maps or 'EASY KILL LULZ' maps.

Why, why, WHY, can't we just have the same system we had on FC2? If it ain't broken..."
    -Tim Brown