🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Division forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    Ubi-Johan's Avatar Community Developer

The Division 2 and the Road Ahead

Agents!

The Division’s second birthday is finally here! We have been hard at work since the launch of the game and have some news to share with our community. Yes, there is a Division 2 that is currently under development by Massive! The supporting studios that continue to make The Division possible - Red Storm, Reflections, Annecy - will also play roles in The Division 2’s development. More information will be revealed at E3 this year, and we cannot wait to show the world what we have in store!

This does not mean that work on The Division 1 is coming to a halt. We are going to continue supporting the game as players look forward to the following timeline of content:

• April - Update 1.8.1, which includes the Xbox One X patch and the implementation of Classified drop rate changes discussed on a previous State of the Game. We are also introducing two new Legendary modes alongside a new Global Event: Blackout.
    • May - New Global Event: Onslaught.
    • June - Update 1.8.2, which will introduce two more Legendary mission modes and bring back Global Event: Outbreak. This update also marks the beginning of the brand new Shields monthly feature, in which achievements earned playing The Division will grant special rewards in The Division 2.
    • July - Global Event: Assault, with the continuation of Shields.
    • August - Global Event: Strike, with the continuation of Shields.
    • September - Global Event: Ambush, with the continuation of Shields.

It has been quite the journey so far, and we are just getting started. A huge thank you to our community for the support over the years. Here is to the future of The Division!

/The Division Dev Team

1 people found this helpful

The Division 2 one request please!

Please make it like Ghost Recon Wildlands iron-sight/scope aiming style with Rainbow Six Seige proning mechanics.

Very happy to hear this, and the updates look great, particularly the shield stuff.

One thing I will say (and I know you've already mentioned this to the press) but please do not pull a Destiny 2 with The Division 2! You've learned a ton of stuff, The Division launched as a buggy, tedious mess and over the years you've turned it into a fun game, but it never really recovered from that problematic launch. Don't do what Bungie did and fail to implement all the cool stuff you learned that makes The Division worth playing today, into The Division 2.

Players will expect a game with a similar quantity of content as The Division at launch, but they'll expect the same quality of content as The Division today.

Division 2’s development

Please don't let such a great game end up like destiny 2
    And no shiny trailer real gameplay of alpha build

Wow. What loot will be available with GEs: Blackout and Onslaught? I'm guessing Classified versions of HE and/or Exotics?

strigoi1958's Avatar Senior Member
    I liked the Division... what killed it was the wasted hours in the hub trying to balance gear.... playing with other players then sitting around while they try to add the stuff they picked up in the last mission I stopped playing when I realised 70% of my game time was not playing but either in the hub or waiting for others to come out of the hub. The gameplay was and is great, but the "juggling" and comparison of the positive and negative impact of what an item does, was and is a huge black hole of no fun, in a good action game that could have been an awesome action game.

If the items could only affect 1 thing then it would have meant less time away from the action, example, if gloves only affected electronic... you could instantly decide to equip them or not.

I'm sure some people liked all the hours away from the action in the hub using the profit and debit columns or watching youtube or reading loadouts but for me, I like the shooting, the scavenging and missions but not the hub or the huge amount of game time it drained from the fun. But that is subjective.

I still have Far Cry and Assassin's Creed for action. I'll check out the videos, ubi twitch and ubi podcasts as they roll out but if it looks like it has as much down time from the action as the first then it doesn't have enough fun per hour for me, which is a shame, because I really like the division even though I cannot justify the time it takes to play it.

Originally Posted by Ubi-Johan Go to original post

Agents!

The Division’s second birthday is finally here! We have been hard at work since the launch of the game and have some news to share with our community. Yes, there is a Division 2 that is currently under development by Massive! The supporting studios that continue to make The Division possible - Red Storm, Reflections, Annecy - will also play roles in The Division 2’s development. More information will be revealed at E3 this year, and we cannot wait to show the world what we have in store!

This does not mean that work on The Division 1 is coming to a halt. We are going to continue supporting the game as players look forward to the following timeline of content:

• April - Update 1.8.1, which includes the Xbox One X patch and the implementation of Classified drop rate changes discussed on a previous State of the Game. We are also introducing two new Legendary modes alongside a new Global Event: Blackout.
    • May - New Global Event: Onslaught.
    • June - Update 1.8.2, which will introduce two more Legendary mission modes and bring back Global Event: Outbreak. This update also marks the beginning of the brand new Shields monthly feature, in which achievements earned playing The Division will grant special rewards in The Division 2.
    • July - Global Event: Assault, with the continuation of Shields.
    • August - Global Event: Strike, with the continuation of Shields.
    • September - Global Event: Ambush, with the continuation of Shields.

It has been quite the journey so far, and we are just getting started. A huge thank you to our community for the support over the years. Here is to the future of The Division!

/The Division Dev Team

Hi there!!One question only!But is very important!!We'll keep the progress of our character at division 2??Or everything starts from the beginning....

emrdesign's Avatar Member
    Its a shame that such a great looking game has become nothing more than just another boring RUN & GUN game. They should have made it a exploring/survival tactical shooter. Also makes me wonder now why Ubisoft / Massive use such high detail game engine for a game where people are only running and gunning and the details are not important. The first ever trailer of the game looked so promising about exploring/surviving, but nothing is left from that game idea.

So I am not going to buy TD2.
     2 people found this helpful

Hi.
    I've got one question - Are you going to make some... wish list?
    You know, stuff people whanna see in TD2?
    (Iron sights, weapon details - calibers, cuz its weird using M4 and AKM with the same ammo <- thats just an example ofc)

Quick question, are we gonna get what we see at E3? or are we gonna see a repeat of E3 2013? cause there are times I still wish I got to play THAT game.