I've been testing the IGE, Ask me (almost) anything.

Hi guys...a handful of community members have been testing the IGE and helping advise in the development of the tools and assets for months now.

I was lucky enough to be one of them!

Its been interesting watching all the comments for months, and knowing I couldnt respond, or had to creatively answer some of them without breaking NDA.

Weve been given the go ahead to talk about most of the things regarding the IGE now, and at my own demise, I will answer most of your questions. XD

So, ask me (almost) anything!

DapperHayden is a LIAR AND CANT BE TRUSTED
    How close is it to the fc4 editor in terms of UI, will we feel at home in it?

Viragoxv535's Avatar Far Cry 3 Elite Member
    Is there slider / preset in the editor for rain particles?

AWLS - Ive been testing the PC ige....and its almost exactly the same, but has MUCH more, including customizable UI colors. Ive seen images of the console version, and it LOOKS basically the same

Vig - there is a toggle for storm that adds lightning and thunder makes the clouds / fog light up.
     2 people found this helpful

The answer is no.
     1 people found this helpful

DapperHayden is a LIAR AND CANT BE TRUSTED
    Thanks what about grid llmit on console?

Currently there is no rain particles/drops. But t what you dont understand, is you dont NEED them. If you learn how to adjust the fog setting just right, and turn on storm, it makes it look like a storm, gloomy, etc. I wanted to answer that in all your other posts. I found it odd you were so concerned about that over everything else lol.

Fallen-Champ's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by akilyoung Go to original post
    AWLS - Ive been testing the PC ige....and its almost exactly the same, but has MUCH more, including customizable UI colors. Ive seen images of the console version, and it LOOKS basically the same
    I had a play around with the console version on PS4 (Unsure that I can talk about any of this right now so going to wait to get the ok first before I break any NDA'S)

From what I have heard, consoles and PC are all getting budgets now.
    The budget has been increased to I think 3k per grid sector, 7k for MP and 15k for SP maps and coop for PC. And 7k, 2k per grid sector for console The reason they all have the a budget is so devs can publish worthy maps across all platforms. That is not something we can do our selves.
     1 people found this helpful

Currently there is no rain particles/drops. But t what you dont understand, is you dont NEED them. If you learn how to adjust the fog setting just right, and turn on storm, it makes it look like a storm, gloomy, etc.
    What do you mean you dont need them? How are you supposed to get rain sound effects without rain drops? Can you inject sounds through the editor?

I wanted to answer that in all your other posts. I found it odd you were so concerned about that over everything else lol.
    It is very important for me because i know that there is none in vanilla so i could at least enjoy the ambiance in a custom map.

Now thats not to say drops WONT be added in the future, who knows.
    I doubt it but we'll see...

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... Last ►►