I just started playing yesterday. The game was free with PSN + so I am trying it out. I am not very good, though, so I am just playing SP right now. My name on PSN is ChiroVette.

Gulzt's Avatar Member
    Hey, SP is the most fun I think. Enjoy!

Originally Posted by Gulzt Go to original post
    Hey, SP is the most fun I think. Enjoy!
    lol I think I may be done with this game and series.

I played the game for a day and a half and actually got pretty far in the single player. The easier and medium difficulty races/events are fun. I love the style of the game, the creativity of the tracks, the graphics, the various environments, the insane heights and tricks, and the humor. I actually managed in a very short time to get Gold medals in all but 3-4 events before the "Hard" difficulty Ice levels. I realized that the reason I was stuck on Silver on two of the "tricks" events is because I didn't yet have a grasp on how to string tricks together to get the points needed for Gold. Also, since I rushed through the races in my initial playthrough, I was also planning on going back to each of the races I got Gold Medals in to complete the three objectives, since I didn't focus on them.

The problem I have with this game is in the more difficult races in the Medium tracks as well as the one I am stuck on now (Ice Breaker) I have realized that I am no longer having any fun. Which is a shame, because it is a really nice game.

I think that this game is developed with what I would consider an absurd amount of difficulty, and the ratio of frustration to fun is just way too high for my taste. I can also see that if I learned a bunch of techniques and got better at balancing the bikes, I would probably get through the single player 100% with all objectives and all gold medals.

But the truth is that Trials Fusion has reached a point of diminishing returns for me. It was fun while it was a lot easier. but now its not anymore.

I watched some videos by that Trials University guy on Youtube, and I am sure I can learn to play this game. But I just don't want to devote that much time as I simply don't think I like the game anywhere near enough to start practicing things like Bunny Hops and trying to get my bike up those huge square blocks with no ramps. I remember the training program that showed me how to bunny hop and lift my front wheel over square objects that seem like you can't climb. But in truth its starting to feel really tedious to me. Glad I got the game for free, because I think this is where I stop. Too bad, too, because in theory its a really nice game and early on I was considering purchasing the DLC that the game offers. I think it all comes out to about $19.99 which is inexpensive.

Smeghead89's Avatar Senior Member
    Hi ChiroVette welcome to the forum, i and probably a lot of others can relate to your frustration with the games difficulty it certainly is not easy. I think it helps if you have some social friends to play and learn with at the beginning. We used to pass the controller round taking it in turns, some were better than others but that helps because you learn better from watching others. I remember wanting to snap my controller in half trying to learn one of the last checkpoints in a track called Technique back in Trials HD. I remember thinking like you that this was now no longer fun but more like torture. The thing is if you can actually push past the frustration then once you actually start to understand the controls and the bikes capabilities the game suddenly becomes so much better than when you had fun on the first few levels. You find getting up those blocks and boxes that have no ramps are now second nature to you and heaps of fun. You do need the Pit Viper bike for the more difficult tracks its very sensitive to control so takes practice but is also very light so it gets up difficult objects easier. Also did you know that you can view the leaderbords for each track and watch the replays of other riders? Watching the top players in the world will blow your mind seeing what the bike is capable of.

Hopefully you decide to give it a second thought because it really is worth it once you get there plus we have the next game coming out next year which they have been working on for 4 years and by then you will already be a pro

Originally Posted by Smeghead89 Go to original post
    Hopefully you decide to give it a second thought because it really is worth it once you get there plus we have the next game coming out next year which they have been working on for 4 years and by then you will already be a pro
    Thanks for the welcome and the information!

The fact is that I can see its a very good game. Here's my issue, though: I am not a 15 year old kid with an allowance and a small budget for games. So I guess the thing is I am not limited to one or two games that I really have to milk to get the most of them because I don't know where my next games are coming from. I have a bunch of XBox One and PS4 games sitting on my shelves unopened. I also have a crapload of free titles I downloaded in the past few months from PSN Plus, including this one. The point is I need to start playing some of these games! Hahaha not to mention I am really looking to dive into another Ubi title, The Crew 2, at some point after it launches. As well as some other summer games coming soon.

This is what I call a high quality problem.

I simply don't want to get mired down in a free title I downloaded after hitting a wall like I have. Yes, I am quite sure that in a short time I can master the techniques, particularly with some of the videos that Devil's Demon recommended from Trials University on Youtube. I just honestly don't want to. With all the games I have, I simply don't want to get sucked into one this difficult that I have to study it like I am trying to get a degree in Trials-ology or something. The game is much, much too difficult for someone like me who has so many games I have already been putting off playing for far too long.

This is absolutely a high quality game. But I watched a few of the Trials University videos and the way he had to coax and cajole the bikes into doing what he wanted them to do, and it all really feels more tedious to me than fun.

I mean lol I did pretty well for myself. In just over a day of playing, I got Gold medals in almost every race I played, up until the 3rd or 4th Ice level in Skills Showcase, which is the second to last set of races. I have like 65% completion. So hahaha I think its time I cut my losses. I would rather play games more suited to my playing style than force myself to endure the kind of "training" that the devs of this game expect from me.

Thanks for all the information, though!

I have played this game for a while, but didn't realize there was a forum until I got picked to try the beta. I am Tyki_Butterfree on PS4. I'd like to try to make a course, but the track editor confuses me. I think I will check out the guides on this forum later. I think the last time I tried it, I could only change the time of day. I am not really sure how to place any objects yet.

PSN: mrjoeyman

Gulzt's Avatar Member
    @Tyki_Butterfree and @mrjoeyman I'll add you. Just realise nobody is using this forum anymore. If you want to be in touch with the rest of the Trials Community I recommend you join the discord group. Just follow this link:
    https://discord.gg/2KMNWY5

UbiSnout's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by Gulzt Go to original post
    @Tyki_Butterfree and @mrjoeyman I'll add you. Just realise nobody is using this forum anymore. If you want to be in touch with the rest of the Trials Community I recommend you join the discord group. Just follow this link:
    https://discord.gg/2KMNWY5
    Hey Gulzt,

As we are getting closer to Trials Rising, Fusion's community is still active on the forum.
    Thanks for sharing the discord link! We are glad that your are still having fun!