What if the overall damage was reduced in Duels?

I would like to hear your opinion on one thing. What if... in duels... the damage to health was reduced?

When dueling, sometimes I feel like the fights are over really fast because someone dies fast. Or that you make one mistake and you lose over half your health without being able to do anything about it. I enjoy the fights, the suspense, the action. But sometimes it's over too fast or because of one stupid mistake.

Highlander heavy does 40 damage so most characters die in three to four hits. If you miss a GB against centurion near a wall, you get charge-pinned, jabbed, thrown to ground, impaled and half your health is gone. Berserker Bear Mauler does 113 damage, which is the almost entire health pool of most characters (and entire health pool of some). In 3 hits (if they land of course). Shaman Neck Bite is such a huge swing in health, that if she lands it, she is almost impossible to beat after.
    These are just a few examples.

This often lead to people playing overly cautious. They play slow because they are scared of being punished. Small mistakes often lead to heavy health losses.

I was thinking that reducing the damage to half would help a lot. Or increasing the health to double (that would have the same effect and removed the problem with rounding the odd damage numbers). Every other aspect of the fight (e.g. stamina and regeneration) would stay the same.

What do you guys think?

In duel modes the gear stats are fixed. In gank modes where the gear stats are on, everyone deals more damage with lower stamina costs etc. I don't see why you would lower the already low damage in regular fights when you can run RectumRipper2.0 in 4v4