calibration screen is not working and how I figured this out

So my Rocksmith2014 Remastered wanted me to calibrate real tone cable.

I can hear the sound coming through. I see orange sound waves come from the speakers on the screen. But calibration bar shoots to the top or stays at the bottom on of the screen and does not move. If it stays at the top it wont go down even when I unplug the guitar.

When I ignore on screen command and start playing before threshold appears, the bar starts moving slowly toward top, but after like 0.5 sec it jumps to the top and stays there.

When I changed my profile to disconnected, it allowed me to proceed, and than I changed back to real tone, cancelled it and finally it allowed me to use RT without calibration...

Now I tuned the guitar, with RS2014, so this must be sth in software.

There is sth else I noticed. When I do calibration I see mic volume at 17, then bar goes up and mic volume is going slightly up. After 0.5 sec (see previous post) mic volume jumps to 100% and jumps back to 1 while green bar is at 100% and game says LOUDER

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    What type of guitar are you using?

Are you using the official RealTone cable?

Flame LP2 with passive 2x HB (tried multiple configs bu tall work the same)

I think this is official cable. Bought this for ~40USD (128 PLN). It looks genuine.

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    Where are you seeing mic volume while calibrating?

If you have the recording device window open while playing the game, that could affect calibration.

Do you have any other mics or usb devices connected?

I will say that occasionally I get some strange calibration behavior too, but simply exiting and re-enter calibration fixes it.

Do you have another system to test this on?

>Where are you seeing mic volume while calibrating?

I have second monitor. So I can open realtone mic settings and see them adjusting live.

>If you have the recording device window open while playing the game, that could affect calibration.

That might be.. but the end effect is the same

>Do you have any other mics or usb devices connected?

I have wireless headset with mic. There is no difference when I unplug it.

>I will say that occasionally I get some strange calibration behavior too, but simply exiting and re-enter calibration fixes it.

I will try multiple things when I figure them out. In the mean time I probably will contact ubi support. Maybe they can reach dev team to help debug this.

>Do you have another system to test this on?

Unfortunately not at the moment.

Ever figure out the solution?

Because I've tried 2 different realtone cables & 4 different guitars & I still can't get past the calibration settings. Orange waves & sound comes out, but the calibration needle doesn't move

UbiGabrinth's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Please let me know the answers to the questions rcole_sooner asked:

Where are you seeing mic volume while calibrating?

Do you have any windows or programs open in the background especially ones that access your mic?

Do you have any other mics or usb devices connected?

Do you have another system to test this on?

I had the same issue.
    But in my case, it was solved by changing the ini file to "Fullscreen = 0".
    In the case of full screen setting, it appears to be no upper limit of the fps.
    For this reason, it takes an extra load, it may become unstable.