Zoro's Avatar Community Representative

R6 Community Discusses - Objectives

Hello and welcome back to the "R6 Community Discusses" series!

The goal of this series is to open conversation on specific topics so players can share their feedback, suggestions, and share tips&strategies with their fellow players. We encourage newer players to ask questions and for our more experienced users to offer whatever advice they can on the subject. Any posts that detract from the discussion, target other users specifically, or are offensive in general will be removed.

This week we'll be discussing Objectives
    Sure, you can just eliminate the enemy team—but where's the fun in that?

Here are some questions for you:

1.) Do you find yourself more likely playing the objective or just focusing on going for kills? Is this true for each game mode?

2.) Which is your favorite objective location? Why? (Answer for Secure, Hostage, and Bomb.)

3.) Least favorite objective location? Why? (Answer for Secure, Hostage, and Bomb.)

------------

Feel free to share any other thoughts on Objective locations or gameplay elements as well!

You can also join any of our previous conversations here: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1620494-R6-Community-Discusses-All-Topics
     1 people found this helpful

feffreyfeffrey's Avatar Banned
    I beat you to the punch and made this post or something similar.

I do both I go for the spawn kill and the entry points before making my way back to objective playing as Rook.

My favourite is on SkyScraper team room because I can have unlimited run outs on Geisha balcony with nothing they can do about it.

Bank Archive is soo cramped like nowhere to really roam either.

I want to be able to swap objective locations this year instead of bank defending Locker rooms you'll defend Vault on secure area or on Chalet you'll defend front lobby. Or second garage

xcel30's Avatar Senior Member
    As an attacker playing objective is more important, since forcing to suddendly have to defend it from a way they dont expect makes them rush and do more mistakes.

Honestly, I only play hostage. All of the sweaty try hards refuse to play hostage so I actually have a good time playing.

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Wow, I missed this one..and it's an easy one too .

As long as I don't get stuck on one thing all day I like them all just about equally; any place, any time and any mode/objective. Variety trumps all imo and I want as much of it as you could possibly give.

I can't say if I go for the kills, traps or hunker down obj either. I like doing them all but you really need to play it by ear (sometimes literally) as the opponents and the matches differ so much that I just don't plan anymore. But I have multiple plans for defense and attacking is basically the same thing..the objective! Still the game varies so much that I wing it mostly.

To be honest Z, the best thing you guys could do is to make sure we do not defend the same obj/loc twice, for each team, in a casual match. Ranked is a bit different as that you should be able to defend until you succeed.

ps. better late than never lol!

Originally Posted by WBBCoop Go to original post
    To be honest Z, the best thing you guys could do is to make sure we do not defend the same obj/loc twice, for each team, in a casual match. Ranked is a bit different as that you should be able to defend until you succeed.

ps. better late than never lol!
    Definitely better late than never!

To your point, I guess that's just a fact of randomness—sometimes it can be exactly the same for a few in a row or be a different one every single time.

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Howly mowly! You guys are all over the place tonight! Johnny on the spot too!

Yea, that random thing can be a pita sometimes. It's all good though.

1) I play the objective. This is why I hate hostage and bomb mode so much as 90% of the time teammates perception of R6S being pure TDM becomes all too apparent.

2) Secure Area: Dorms on Oregon. Every operator is viable and could be used effectively in some way. So many ways to attack and defend.

Hostage: Strip Club on Club House. Usually a quick and intense fight leaving a 1 vs 1. A great room for attackers to hard breach into an explosive firefight plus nice waist height cover for defenders.

Bomb: 3F Server Room/Control Room. Or just below them 2A Maps Room/Projector Room. Both of these locations have a good chance of a bomb plant but are also dynamic locations to defend.

3) This a tough question. Aside from the most common rooms people vote for again, and again, and again, ad nauseam. Some bomb modes on Favela were a nightmare due to so many walls being directly accessed outside.

Other gameplay elements: flavour of the month OP weapons and gadgets which are then nerfed. I reckon developers do this to generate talk around their games. How many 'best weapon in Siege' videos are there on YouTube? I find it patronising and it can be an incentive for bad behaviour.

Originally Posted by Ubi-Zoro Go to original post
    Definitely better late than never!

To your point, I guess that's just a fact of randomness—sometimes it can be exactly the same for a few in a row or be a different one every single time.
    While we're on the discussion, can you tell us where we're defending in cas so we can pick the right operators?

Originally Posted by FindFixFinish Go to original post
    1) I play the objective. This is why I hate hostage and bomb mode so much as 90% of the time teammates perception of R6S being pure TDM becomes all too apparent.

2) Secure Area: Dorms on Oregon. Every operator is viable and could be used effectively in some way. So many ways to attack and defend.

Hostage: Strip Club on Club House. Usually a quick and intense fight leaving a 1 vs 1. A great room for attackers to hard breach into an explosive firefight plus nice waist height cover for defenders.

Bomb: 3F Server Room/Control Room. Or just below them 2A Maps Room/Projector Room. Both of these locations have a good chance of a bomb plant but are also dynamic locations to defend.

3) This a tough question. Aside from the most common rooms people vote for again, and again, and again, ad nauseam. Some bomb modes on Favela were a nightmare due to so many walls being directly accessed outside.

Other gameplay elements: flavour of the month OP weapons and gadgets which are then nerfed. I reckon developers do this to generate talk around their games. How many 'best weapon in Siege' videos are there on YouTube? I find it patronising and it can be an incentive for bad behaviour.
    Thanks for adding your thoughts FindFixFinish!

Dorms is one of my favorite objs in the game, feels like it plays out differently every time.

Weapon changes are based around balancing, which in turn then creates the shifting discussions throughout the community and content creators as you mentioned. Sometimes changes are made that don't quite pan out how the team originally expect, but the choices are always made with the intent of bettering the game itself.