Multiplayer

I was wondering for the multiplayer, will we be able to steal other players treasure and will there be levelling? I think it would be really cool if somehow there were certain pirates made known in the game. Like online players with there own wanted poster. Maybe, showing how dangerous they are by their level or reward, or because of how many others they've stolen from and killed.
     1 people found this helpful

atubaboun's Avatar Member
    that would be cool, i agree.
    I think Michel Ancel said in the Space Monkey Report that players would be able to put out rewards on other player's heads and that players would get a notification to inform them of that, so that they choose to chase the guy or not.
    But i Might be mistaken, you bettre watch it again.

Legion-495's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by atubaboun Go to original post
    that would be cool, i agree.
    I think Michel Ancel said in the Space Monkey Report that players would be able to put out rewards on other player's heads and that players would get a notification to inform them of that, so that they choose to chase the guy or not.
    But i Might be mistaken, you bettre watch it again.
    In fact I never heard anything about PvP. Only Coop as far as I know.
    I do not think it will function like GTA online did. I am quite certain we will have a solid PvE enviroment with playerfocus rather than onlinedependent things like said wanted posters. Also some interviews mentioned a XP system so levelling will most likely exist and probably restrict the early game location with high level areas.

I wonder if they would implement a PvP component or just Co-op... perhaps competitive missions such as space races, hunt treasures, kill/kidnap/save certain character before the rest, and so...

Originally Posted by ElPrimordial Go to original post
    I wonder if they would implement a PvP component or just Co-op... perhaps competitive missions such as space races, hunt treasures, kill/kidnap/save certain character before the rest, and so...
    To me that sounds super PvP restrictive.

Always thought you were the main advocate about for PVE only Legion.

Though personally I'm good with both though I've certainly been trying to find a game that does multiplayer right and it's own way rather than established MMO or even sandbox game's from current years have shown. A remarkable lack of flexibility. In a game you'd likely want to feel like your character has decent movement, modes of transportation and a range of weapons or customisation to it. That's one of the things that makes this particularly promising to me. But we'll have to see. Isn't over till it's over and I refuse to hype again.

I'm just enjoying things as they go for now. Anyway, sorry for babbling. I'd say... certain areas of the solar system perhaps? Sectors of PVP, villainy and territory conflicts between pirates and united factions?

Honestly I would think you can make a great extra section for PvP, or maybe even a spinoff.
    Much like AC and Skull&Bones.

I am the wrong guy to ask xD I am against PvP enviroment to have that time devoted to a PvE enviroment with coop.
    I really wonder how work is going since the Engine Preview.

I think of City factions and pirate hubs/factions in space for the most part.
    But each are not connected the way that you get into a "this whole faction is against you" situation for PvE^^
    I could see like if we have a hub a own place for PvP only. But I think to make it fair it would come with many restrictions.

Hm... disguises? No player tag? Restrict visibility of it to friends and allies? Like players may only have your face to go off of if it's a bounty or the name and image of your ship? In a crowd wearing a mask or some such you'd be fairly annonymous? Even in a controlled sector. Hide your ship out in the mountains?

I think Beyond Good And Evil 2 should separate Single Player sessions from Multiplayer game elemtnes.

I think they have to learn from the competition.
    The best way to implement an online game is the way Rockstar has implemented it in Red Dead Redemption 2.
    It has a clear distinction between Single-player and Online mode which is Red Dead Online.
    The Single player never gets any kind of distractions to join the online gameplay, in fact, you can complete the whole single-player game without a single interrupt/reminder from Rockstar to join Online.

That is what Beyond Good and Evil 2 should strive for.
     1 people found this helpful