1. #1

    Character Creation - My Contribution (Cat Yakuza)

    Hello everyone,

    I'm a Huge fan of BGE franchise and I wanted to do some art for the Space Monkey Program.

    After a long reflexion I choose to make a sphynx Hybrid.
    I think it could be a really cool character matching with the universe of the game.

    Here is some references find on the net :




    Are not they so amazing ?
     5 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  2. #2
    I work a little on it
    More to come soon...


     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  3. #3
    KIERROK's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    A far away land
    Posts
    234
    Originally Posted by Whit3F0Xx Go to original post
    Hello everyone,

    I'm a Huge fan of BGE franchise and I wanted to do some art for the Space Monkey Program.

    After a long reflexion I choose to make a sphynx Hybrid.
    I think it could be a really cool character matching with the universe of the game.

    Here is some references find on the net :




    Are not they so amazing ?
    Originally Posted by Whit3F0Xx Go to original post
    I work a little on it
    More to come soon...



    Holy HELLS these are awesome... Creepy, but awesome...Ubisoft, hire this wo/man!
     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  4. #4
    I second this motion! Hire them! I absolutely want to play as a Siamese cat-hybrid, inked up and all.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by KIERROK Go to original post
    Holy HELLS these are awesome... Creepy, but awesome...Ubisoft, hire this wo/man!
    Originally Posted by DevilmanSinner Go to original post
    I second this motion! Hire them! I absolutely want to play as a Siamese cat-hybrid, inked up and all.
    Haha, Thank you guys !

    Someone have to contact Michel Ancel, he need to see that

    I've already work in a similar project, here is some exemples but this time I want to do something in a more realistic way with the face and textures.




     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Wow dude, wtf. The yakuza cat is bordering the grey area but can still be seen as original since hairless sphynx are just too similar no matter how you draw them. But this Blacksad is just OUTRIGHT COPYING, this is a great opportunity to let your imagination go wild and bring in some nice and original art that's completely yours. Yet you're doing this …

    Such a shame...
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by Lyogron Go to original post
    I'm very very certain Fiona Staples ("Saga") and Juanjo Guarnido ("Blacksad") would be dismayed to have their work used in Beyond Good & Evil 2, grabbed from the interwebs without reference, labeled "my contribution" just for the idea of cat hybrids while Ubisoft's artists are supposed to integrate copyrighted work as "fan made" in-game models.

    Guys. You're on very very dangerous legal grounds here, and if the whole HITRECORD deal is going in that direction, Ubisoft should cancel the whole deal immediately.
    Originally Posted by Heysam Go to original post
    Wow dude, wtf. The yakuza cat is bordering the grey area but can still be seen as original since hairless sphynx are just too similar no matter how you draw them. But this Blacksad is just OUTRIGHT COPYING, this is a great opportunity to let your imagination go wild and bring in some nice and original art that's completely yours. Yet you're doing this …

    Such a shame...
    Guys, Blacksad is just a FanArt doing a long time ago and it's just for personal use like billion of other works you can find on the net like Hulk or I don't know what else.
    I never say to put them on the game and I don't want to by the way.

    Then, pictures that i show you are just references to making a base for my future work. I will take a tone of pictures from real cat, drawing, photo, etc... and i will decide for clothes, facial, expression and pose by myself. Don't shout on me before even know what I'm doing please... I have a real respect for artists, being one myself and I will never want to be disrespectful of their work.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    LOL! Looks like some people are in frenzy state due to this HitRecord backslash and they already considered that using the image of certain famous animal its already an infringement of copyright. Another thing would be if this artist copy/paste Lying cat personality/traits, he's just using the animal, otherwise no one would be allowed to create an artistic representation of a mouse or a duck, and a long etc, never ever again because someone else use them in their works.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Hello again

    A little more about the face...

    Feedback are welcome !

    I think I can add more wrinkles and more skin texture...


     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Well, Whit3FOXx, my only feedback is "AMAZING".
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post