I came on here to see how things are doing with the game, and from the entire frontpage it seems like people are really mad at Ubisoft and Ancel for making it always online, and are worried they will add stuff like lootboxes or other nonsense.

BGE is somewhat of a cult classic, and is the sort of game that lives or dies by it's small but committed fanbase where word gets out. So for the game to do well, you need to tackle and alley these fears, and do so faster then you normally would and more efficiently.

Unless, of course, you can't, because they are all quite real, in which case, you need to change those plans asap.
     3 people found this helpful

Soulid_Snake's Avatar Senior Member
    Ubisoft really doesn't care, they do know its a bad move, but they are greedy. This kind of practice is taking the fun out of gaming. Lootboxes and microtransactions are definitely coming, its the whole point of turning the game online.

People shouldn't be mad at Ancel, this is clearly corporate Ubisoft butting in development. Ancel's intention was to make this as single player game.

If they do proceed down this route, the game deserves to fail.
     1 people found this helpful

I've been focusing on the always online and the games as a service and the multiplayer focus and the huge open world 200 hours I don't have absurdity, but yeah, of course, there's also microtransactions and lootboxes to be very afraid of.

Mind you, Beyond Good & Evil 2 can still be a good thing.

As a two hour story video on youtube.
     1 people found this helpful

GarretDanilo's Avatar Member
    I hope The Division 2 will not satisfy Ubisoft sales projections, maybe then they will understand that this "trend" of games as service can't be applied to every single IP in the world and that a lot of gamers are tired of this **** and the greed of big publishers.

So much for turning around the situation fast. It's been two months since they announced Beyond Good & Evil 2 to be manufactured by pure greed.

As a direct reaction, this forum has died.

Everything Beyond Good & Evil ever stood for is dead.

The "Space Monkey Program" is dead.

Not a single word from Ubisoft's abysmal marketing/PR on the situation, and of course not a word about changing course, not a single word about a single player offline mode.

They're trying to sit this one out, and it evidently won't work. It's a predatory exploitation of the license, a predatory exploitation of its legacy. When Beyond Good & Evil 2 fails, they'll blame it on the license instead of their reckless behaviour, but that is the better course. If it succeeds, they know they can do literally anything to the modern generation of gamers.

Twelve, eleven years ago, they might still have been the greatest game studio, but now you just wish Vivendi would have bought them out and filleted them.

Legion-495's Avatar Senior Member
    Still no comment on it, yet a new newspost came out.

GarretDanilo's Avatar Member
    I've told you guys that BGE as we knew it is DEAD.
    BGE2 don't share anything with the spirit and atmosphere of the first game.
    More time passes, more is evident to me that this game it's a mere copy of The Division or Anthem or Destiny and after two months of "no comment" from the developers to reassure our concerns, this tell me how much they care about the community and fans of BGE.
    I'm the first person who's really not happy about this situation and i can't do anything to change it, the only thing i can do is to put BGE to rest in my heart and forget about this game and spend my time with new story-driven single player titles who push the boundaries of gaming industry.
     2 people found this helpful

Thankfully ANTHEM, announced as a similar egg laying wool milk sow, is tanking hard. Neat graphics in an empty world, plus a complete letdown of a storyline thanks to the multiplayer focus, and let's not even talk about how a single player "option" with always-online cancer got this thing kicked into the realm of the despised money grabs.

Let's see whether Ubisoft even recognizes they're heading the exact same way.

The core problem is, they never listened to the fans before, they just didn't, not for a second. The response to their 180° always-online single-player/extreme multiplayer focus announcement was loud and clear. Not even an acknowledgement of that reaction followed. Not even that. Which of course made the entire Space Monkey Program look like a sham.

Proclaiming to finally listen to the fans now would be empty and hollow, but the release and subsequent necrosis of ANTHEM could surely scare the crap out of those marketing peeps.

Legion-495's Avatar Senior Member
    Anthem was what? around 6 years development.
    Basically flushed the game down the drain in the state they released it.

E3 and release look different unless it was not "in game" capture as they said.
    If it was in the game then they chopped the game up, if not they straight up lied.

Question is if BGE2 is supposed to fall within the same genre and guessing by other Ubisoft games that would not be that far off.
    At the moment I am just worried about the online thing rather than an incomplete game, lol.

Soulid_Snake's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Lyogron Go to original post
    So much for turning around the situation fast. It's been two months since they announced Beyond Good & Evil 2 to be manufactured by pure greed.

Twelve, eleven years ago, they might still have been the greatest game studio, but now you just wish Vivendi would have bought them out and filleted them.

I couldn't agree more. Ubisoft should, "have ended up on a silver platter with an apple in", their mouths.

If I could have saw the future then, I wouldn't have been bothered if they took control of Ubisoft. It would have served them right. If vivendi was still a threat, Beyond Good & Evil 2 would still have been a single player game.

EA is just digging a grave for themsleves, they need to start making pachinko machines. Rockstar makes good single player experiences, but online is just designed for money grabs. However, at least they have kept online portion separate from the single player. Bethesda, never knew much about them and after fallout 76 its gonna stay that way. Bethesda, if you are gonna swindle people at least make a playable game. Activision fires 800 people after posting a profit, to be honest I don't pay much attention to them. Then you have Dead or Alive 6 with its season pass costing more than the base game. Also, #F***Konami.

Greed is ruining the future of gaming, I can see myself giving up.

At this moment in time, I only trust CD Projekt Red and Indie developers. I'd rather buy their games twice over than to give any of these corps a single penny.
     2 people found this helpful