It just occured to me that I don;t really knpw what that means. I always assumed by 'father of understanding', the Brotherhood was referring to the power of reason itself, as in, 'May your reasoning aid you and not faith in the transubstantial or imaginary'. But in Lineage, Rodrigo says it in Part 2 and then ends it with 'Amen'.
    I notice Corey May did not cowrite, so its possibly a continuity error.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

It just occured to me that I don;t really knpw what that means. I always assumed by 'father of understanding', the Brotherhood was referring to the power of reason itself, as in, 'May your reasoning aid you and not faith in the transubstantial or imaginary'. But in Lineage, Rodrigo says it in Part 2 and then ends it with 'Amen'.
    I notice Corey May did not cowrite, so its possibly a continuity error.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

I sure do not :P

The Dark Brotherhood from Oblivion?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SupremeCaptain:
    The Dark Brotherhood from Oblivion? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, the Night Mother?

Blessings of Akatosh upon ye...

'Amen' in that situation is more of an 'indeed', instead of it's normal use.

"Damn we need a lot of luck to get through"

can be replied to with

"Amen to that" or "Amen" too, for example.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by guipit:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baphomet

this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">On the Wikipedia page:
    Arkon Daraul proposed that "Baphomet" may derive from the Arabic word ??? ???? Abu fihama(t), meaning "The Father of Understanding". "Arkon Daraul" is widely thought to be a pseudonym of Idries Shah." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe...

It's a templar thing... We assassins wouldn't understand it &gt;.&gt;

Hmm... Baphomet is a fictional demon god invented just to accuse a few Templars of Satanism. I'm sure that's probably related, but still...

I think this one's a bit closer though...

http://www.templarhistory.com/shah.html

In his book "The Sufis", he theorized that Baphomet was really a corruption of the Arabic term "Abufihamat" meaning "Father of Understanding." If this is the case, and the Templars had adopted Sufism into their rituals this possible etymology of Baphomet could simply imply God.

Additionally, Shah suggests the Sufi terminology "ras el-fahmat" which translates to "head of knowledge." This provides an interesting thought connecting the concept of wisdom with the head. Could this be the head allegedly worshipped by the Templars? It is unlikely as the term speaks in figurative terms rather than literal ones.

"Probably relying on contemporary Eastern sources, Western scholars have recently supposed that 'Bafomet' has no connection with Mohammed, but could well be a corruption of the Arabic "Abufihamat" (pronounced in the Moorish Spanish similar to bufihamat). The word means 'father of understanding'. In Arabic, 'father' is taken to mean 'source, chief seat of,' and so on. In Sufi terminology, ras el-fahmat (head of knowledge) means the mentation of man after undergoing refinement- the transmuted consciousness."

See, it is indeed a metaphor for reason itself. This feeds my intellectual vanity to no end!