Shields are broken, can we expect a rework?

Atm, shields are totally broken. Whenever I see a shield operator on the enemy team im incredibly happy knowing they will be a free kill.

I played them then, to see what exactly is wrong with shields and these are the fixes I would go for:

Reduce the speed at which 3 speed operators move (this is an issue besides just shield, but we all know 3 speed operators on average outclass all other operators by HUGE amount. As 3 speed if you die to a 3 armor it allways means that you made a huge mistake and deserved to die. While a kill that you get with a 3 armor operator (other than Mira) allways means the enemy made a big mistake, and that they are alot weaker than you.

Secondly, increase the speed all 3 armor operators move at, its very poor compesation when you, for losing ALL of your mobility, become resistant to 1 more body shoots. While 3 speeds can just dodge bullets via having high speed and absurdly small hitboxes.

Thirdly, the shields appear to have a huge issue with the camera. Playing a shields I countless times tought I was knifed through or shoot through a shield, being fully protected while the reality was that I was fully exposed.

Currently there is not a single 3 armor operator with the exception of Mira and Doc is any good at all. and she is only good because her kit is insane. Then think about 3 speeds which are good. Ash - needs nerf, Ela - needs nerf, Hibana amazing operator. Jager - amazing operator. Bandit - amazing operator. Pulse - amazing operator Caveira - decent, average to slighty above average operator, IQ - decent operator.

Then consider which 3 armors are any good at all.

Doc, and Mira - the rest are bad or even Tachanka and Fuze which are almost unplayable.

TL DR:

Fix the camera issue, make the shields wider and taller, give 3 armors universal buffs and 3 speeds universal nerfs.

Unless of course im missing something and shield operators were meant to be outclassed by every other operator by a big margain?
     1 people found this helpful

I'm going to disagree. Blitz and Monty are both good at what they do. If the shield operator is to stupid to squat when in the presence of the enemy that's a dumb enemy. My kid single handedly won a bomb match last night playing Monty. Got one kill and waited in full shield next to the defuser and waited then killed the next one who tried to destroy the defuser.

Originally Posted by xTOMMYTROJANx Go to original post
    I'm going to disagree. Blitz and Monty are both good at what they do. If the shield operator is to stupid to squat when in the presence of the enemy that's a dumb enemy. My kid single handedly won a bomb match last night playing Monty. Got one kill and waited in full shield next to the defuser and waited then killed the next one who tried to destroy the defuser.
    That was the enemy being stupid. 1 nitro and that montagne would be bye bye -tagne. I play defenders that have nitro exclusively tho, so I might be biased.

Sgt Astor's Avatar Senior Member
    Yeh shields are terrible now, and still some people (maybe form otherm planet ) ask to nerf poor Blitz. Shield hitboxes are broken and need a rework!

Actually i believe it's a skill issue. I'm on console (high levels) and I have no problem using shields. Even when they are against me, if used by good players they're almost impossible to beat.

I knifed blitzs shield and heard the thump but he didnt get knocked back and even meleed through the knife to kill mr

The real issue is that 3 speed operators can peak corners so quickly that they just annihilate you with peaker's advantage. It might actually be viable to keep all operators at the same sprinting speed as right now, but make it so they all walk at the same speed as a 2 speed.

I tested Monty out of curiosity one match; I had my shield raised, and I was shot through it by Vigil. I thought it was weird, so I picked him again the next game.

I had my shield raised, and yet again, I was shot through it by Echo. He claimed he "knifed me", (which for some reason made it acceptable?), yet in the instant replay, I clearly saw him shoot the shield, in order to kill me.

I had never really played as him before, but on both occasions I did, his shield was very, very broken.

peasantSufferer's Avatar Banned
    people who cannot even spell "peeker's" shouldn't be allowed to post IMHO...

Shields are strong and monty can find a place on some maps to be indestructable, Blitz is by far the best Shield Operator, CQB flash + easy pistol kill == needs nerf., though Fuze has the ability to ace with one cluster charge given the enemy is new and barricaded every wall and castled and muted, forgetting about ceilings ;(.

Shields may have bugs, if you got knifed through a shield, report it, or better yet, use a Recorder to prove it to ubi so they can fix it.

OTherwise /Thread.

i agree you would have no idea how many times i've been shot though playing both fuze and blitz when looking directly at the enemy i used to be a respected shield player but now im just a joke....

UbiShoreman's Avatar Community Representative
    Please refrain from necro-ing old threads! Double check the date of threads before commenting on them!