College Campus Confusing Server Problems

Hey folks,

So I have a weird issue going on, my PS4 won't connect to the Siege servers, but only sometimes. I know port forwarding is a huge issue with Siege and the game doesn't work on some campus's but if that were the case with me I would not be able to connect at all.

The download and upload speed seem to have zero impact on whether I can connect or not and when it works its always worked for the duration of me playing. I have no clue when it ceases to work but my assumption is sometime in the middle of the morning as I sleep.

I am using ethernet and the game used to work perfectly a while ago and then stopped working for about a year and now we are at this point. To my knowledge, my school has not updated any internet settings and no other game is impacted.

If anyone has any advice or anything at all please don't hesitate to respond!

Thanks!

Hello, pal!
    I’ll say that it’s your school. Obviously, the administration has changed network access settings. I believe this is to ensure that students spend time on learning, and not on developing the skill of stealth killing.

Ubi-Raziel's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by darkprince32019 Go to original post
    Hello, pal!
    I’ll say that it’s your school. Obviously, the administration has changed network access settings. I believe this is to ensure that students spend time on learning, and not on developing the skill of stealth killing.
    Thank you for your input!

Gaming on a Campus / College / University network tends to be a roll of the device, because as you say there are a lot of restrictions in place, both to protect students and to help keep the focus on learning.