Zoro's Avatar Community Representative

R6 Community Discusses - Your Favorite Operation

Hello and welcome back to the "R6 Community Discusses" series!

The goal of this series is to open conversation on specific topics so players can share their feedback, suggestions, and share tips&strategies with their fellow players. We encourage newer players to ask questions and for our more experienced users to offer whatever advice they can on the subject. Any posts that detract from the discussion, target other users specifically, or are offensive in general will be removed.

In this edition, we'll be discussing your favorite updates of Siege that have happened so far and what you're looking forward to for future seasons.

So tell us,

1,) What was your favorite update of Siege so far?

2.) How did you feel the game changed during this update?

3.) Was there something about the state of the game as whole during that season that you feel has changed?

4.) What are you hoping for in Y3 - maps/operators/gameplay changes/etc.

+Bonus:

5.) Which update had your favorite splash art/menu theme?

We look forward to seeing your responses throughout this week! Thanks in advance to all who participate!

You can also join any of our previous conversations here: R6 Community Discusses - All Topics
     1 people found this helpful

feffreyfeffrey's Avatar Banned
    I do not have a favourite I love them all the same but if I had to pick it was when black Ice came out. You know why already . it made the game more of watch your step orianted and go in pairs of two making players use their drones more.

The speed paste was the best that changed for me

What I mainly want is give loves to three speed operators and anchors we barely have any.

I feel everything is too fast paste we need slower OPs now
    I also wish for Frost Nitro to be back lol

My favourite screen was red crow

Insevin's Avatar Senior Member

Skull Rain Reinforcements
    a) Claymores!
    b) Impact grenades!
    c) Twitch buff! x2 drones, better range, more stealth, faster

Claymores became a useful counter-roamer and run-out tool. Likewise, impacts became a useful tool to better enable roaming and open rotation holes without blasting away with a shotgun or wasting Nitro. Being secondary gadgets, it also meant that most of the ATK and DEF operators had access to these so it was a wide-sweeping change. There were also muzzle brakes and heavy barrels added at this time to give players more options on managing their loadouts.

3.) Was there something about the state of the game as whole during that season that you feel has changed?
    See #2. These changes affected the meta, making the game more dynamic and opening more options.

I'd rather see new maps CANCELED than the existing, removed maps continue to be removed. Return our old maps. As for operators, I'd like the technological stretching to be toned down a little (Jackal, Dokk, Vigil, etc) and bring in some more practical abilities or gadgets (Sledge, Buck, Thermite), yet still being valuable operators. Maybe some ops that more resemble the vanilla core game operators.

+Bonus:

I like the original R6 theme the best, as far as music goes. For artwork on the 'press button to begin menu', I like White Noise, and Black Ice was also cool. I'm not totally a fan of the new main menus with portraits of the operators, especially the creepy Doc glances from Operation Health.

Sgt Astor's Avatar Senior Member
    1) Dust line
    2) Only positive changes.
    3) -
    4)I hope to see a button to equip skins / charms for all guns at once, so you dont have to waste 30 minutes to do that. Hope to see the returning of Black ice skin .Shields buff, 3 speed ops nerf.
    5) Black ice had the best loading screen.

vgrimr_J's Avatar Senior Member
    my only hope for y3 is balanced mm

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Black Ice, without a doubt.

It was the first DLC and everyone was excited beyond imagination, and Frost and Buck are still completely viable and commonly used ops, even in today's meta.

I think everyone had the sense of awe after receiving new ops and maps, and for being the first time most of us were thinking how you guys were going to be expanding on change every 3 months.

Then again, first times are normally the ones I remember the most :P .

So tell us,

there was a LOT of updates for siege in the past 2 years so finding one that i liked the most is difficult.i've always liked some part of updates.but i would say Dust Line.it had good OPs , good hit reg and BB was like a god back then
    next one will be Velvet Shell cause mira.i don't play a lot with mira but her ability is the biggest meta changer in the whole game.

BB and Valk both are still being used.they changed the meta and they're still viable options.
    BUT mira , she's the queen of meta changing.her black mirror , it's just the biggest meta change in the whole game.it made a lot of new way to defend and the tactics are much more vary.

if you look at BBs shield , then you know what has changed

we need more OPs like mira.the meta needs to be changed.maybe an attacking operator that counters her in a more effective way than twitch and we need a defense operator that replaces mira.adding something new to defend.
    for maps , we have 2 in the next year.i would love to the old maps back at ranked but with a lower chance of happening.for example if we play 3 times in a row in ESL maps , then the fourth map must be from the old maps.the ratio is 3 to 1.

+Bonus:

i liked all of them , except Operation health.the thing i like about the original menu is the music.it was great.i have it on my phone and when i listen to it i get this nostalgic feeling.

Zoro's Avatar Community Representative
    Thanks for all of the great feedback guys! It's nice to get individual perspectives on the different "periods" of the game, gives us some interesting insight.

I hope you'll all join our next discussion where we'll be covering: Your Favorite Cosmetics.