Shamans timing are weird

Is it just me or does the jump attack connects way too early. The dmg hits you when she is still in mid air and she has only a short axe and a machete. Some of her normal attacks have a very small window too. It feels like most of her attacks are as fast as wardons top light.

Thoughts?

Jarl.Felix's Avatar Banned
    Shaman jump attack are way too fast, unreactable if you ask me. Not a single char has such a fast leap. But somehow they decided it must be perfectly fine.

Not to mention the animation glitches it often occures.
     2 people found this helpful

ChampionRuby50g's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Jarl.Felix Go to original post
    Shaman jump attack are way too fast, unreactable if you ask me. Not a single char has such a fast leap. But somehow they decided it must be perfectly fine.

So you always get hit by every attack that is 500ms? Because, according to you, that would make a lot of attacks from heroís unreactable, seeing as many of the cast have access to a 500ms attack. If thatís the case, perhaps itís a L2P issue on your behalf, or your reactions just arenít as good as you think.

Too the OP: Odds are that a lot of what you are experiencing is due to lag and latency issues. They are fairly prevelant in For Honor sadly, but dedicated servers are realising sometime in Season 5, that is less than a month away.

Jarl.Felix's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by ChampionRuby50g Go to original post
    So you always get hit by every attack that is 500ms? Because, according to you, that would make a lot of attacks from hero’s unreactable, seeing as many of the cast have access to a 500ms attack. If that’s the case, perhaps it’s a L2P issue on your behalf, or your reactions just aren’t as good as you think.

Too the OP: Odds are that a lot of what you are experiencing is due to lag and latency issues. They are fairly prevelant in For Honor sadly, but dedicated servers are realising sometime in Season 5, that is less than a month away.

I bet you like to sleep with those numbers. Her leap is instant in most cases + the fact it can attack from all directions which never happens from the same side. And rest assured, somehow I'm sure i`m far more skilled than you.

Gladiator jump attack is faster

ChampionRuby50g's Avatar Senior Member
    I bet you like to sleep with those numbers. Her leap is instant in most cases + the fact it can attack from all directions which never happens from the same side. And rest assured, somehow I'm sure i`m far more skilled than you.
    The only instant attack Shaman would have is her 2nd light been confirmed. You are delusional. But, if you believe her attack, as well as many other heroís attacks are unreactable I doubt you are more skilled than me.

https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/Jarl.Felix
    https://fhtracker.com/profile/xbox/S...of%20VB%20Cans

In fact, if thatís your profile you can see that you arenít even close to my skill?

Alustar.exe's Avatar Banned
    You people say is unreactable yet the circles I play in, that gets blocked/parried or outright deflected consistently. If you are getting repeatedly nuked by this attack it sounds to me like you aren't nearly as skilled as you make yourself out to be.

Jazz117Volkov's Avatar Senior Member
    The issue with Shaman's leap attack is she has other pounce attacks and the general behaviour of the character is that of jumping around, particularly towards you, so reacting to the 500 ms heavy becomes a chore because you're already needing to react to so much on top of being prepared to react to so much else. I'm not suggesting it be changed, but I understand if someone isn't comfortable with it. The range, tracking, and execute on kill makes it sometimes feel quite unfair, especially in team fights.

It's easily one of the best [read: most likely to connect] leap attacks in the game.

As for the general parry timing. It's standard procedure to make the DLC heroes have awkward parry timing compared to the vanilla cast. It's deliberate. Centurion is a good example; the gesturing of his motions and audio cue beg you to parry early.

IAmOddGirl's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by ChampionRuby50g Go to original post
    The only instant attack Shaman would have is her 2nd light been confirmed. You are delusional. But, if you believe her attack, as well as many other hero’s attacks are unreactable I doubt you are more skilled than me.

https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/Jarl.Felix
    https://fhtracker.com/profile/xbox/S...of%20VB%20Cans

In fact, if that’s your profile you can see that you aren’t even close to my skill?
    LOL don't waste your energy on people like that homie. He is one of those self proclaimed gods of For Honor that we farm XP on. He needs to stay in the game..all like him do. Otherwise we wouldn't have perfect cannon fodder anymore.

Her wild cats rage indicators are bugged. and each side has a different speed. Making it difficult to consistently counter.
    I just block her right as it's the fastest. reacting to the other 2 speeds are easier. I'm not even going to attempt parrying it till the indicator glitch is fixed.