Just bought it on Steam, just to show those dudes of Ubisoft that they can not treat their customers (!) like that.

The have a duty to fulfill! They MUST provide their customers with what they paid for!

Uninstalling Uplay now, which btw after 5 years still is not working correctly. All the problems (a word far too friendly for those situations) associated with this company in the last 20+ years did it for me atlast, never EVER buying anything again that is managed by this company. They can set fire to as many cathedrals as they want, their reputation is below hell's cellar now ...

Originally Posted by I_own_you_all Go to original post
    Just bought it on Steam, just to show those dudes of Ubisoft that they can not treat their customers (!) like that.

The have a duty to fulfill! They MUST provide their customers with what they paid for!

Uninstalling Uplay now, which btw after 5 years still is not working correctly. All the problems (a word far too friendly for those situations) associated with this company in the last 20+ years did it for me atlast, never EVER buying anything again that is managed by this company. They can set fire to as many cathedrals as they want, their reputation is below hell's cellar now ...
    Have you encountered any problems installing and playing it via Steam?

No problem at all, I played already some hours, works absolutely fine, with all expansions :-)

Solution to play

Hi @ALL

I am very angry about the Support Ubisoft delivers here :-(

I also registerd the Keys from Heroes of Might and Magic V and Hammers of Fate / Tribals of the East and they dont work and theres had been no Solution... :-(

I am not pleased with this situation !!! I bought a Game and i want to play it... After Years no Solution is unacepptable !!!

After several Tryouts i find a solution that works....

I have a DVD with Hammers of Fate and this leads to the same Problem ! It still is not able to find the Original - so it is not the Installation of Hammers of Fate causing the Problem - it should be the Installation of Heroes V.

So i organized an EUR Installation DVD of Heroes V and installed it (It does not ask for a serial Number, so you just install and dont need to start it!)
    After the Installation of this DVD i went back to the UPlay Game Client and installed right out of the Menu and voila it installs and both parts of the game will Start right out of the UPlay Client. I can do a Image of the DVD and Upload by request, this may work as solution cause you have your own Gamekey and it is not needed for Installation !

So the Order will be as Follows:
    1st : Install Heroes V from UPlay Client
    2nd: Install Heroes V from Standalone DVD or maybe request the Image from me
    3rd: Install Hammers of Fate from uPlay Client
    4th: Installl Tribes of the East

5th: Enjoy :-)

and Number 6 @ Ubisoft : Find a solution to Replace the Image of Heroes V with the Working one !!! Its not a Way to let Customers Pay for something and dont give a Solution !!!

Best Regards
    Johny

Alright guys, I finally had the issue resolved (almost completely)

what you need to do if you have seperate entries for Heroes of Might and Magic 5 and Hammers of Fate in your library:

1. contact support and ask them to combine the two entries or rather add Hammers of Fate as a DLC to your HoMM 5 entry for your account
    it should look like this afterwards in the library: https://i.imgur.com/dVifsJ8.jpg and on your HoMM 5 entry: https://i.imgur.com/4eosJx8.jpg

2. download the game through uplay, it will now automatically download Hammers of Fate with the main game

3. start the main game and Hammers of Fate to complete the initial setup

4. start both games and check if they work correctly (setup a profile and start campaign)

5. I ran into the problem that Hammers of Fate does not automatically finish it's initial setup correctly on it's own. This manifests in profiles and settings not saving correctly and you won't be able to play the campaing
    5.5 to resolve this go to the install folder of HoMM5 and manually start the hof_launcher.exe and accept the changes (in particular the regedit!)

6 you should now be finally able to play the main game and Hammers of Fate through the drop down menu of your HoMM5 library entry: https://i.imgur.com/YN6ahkH.jpg

Please do contact support to get this issue corrected for your account as I doubt they will ever do this for every account that has seperate entries for HoMM5 and Hammers of Fate!
    Hope this helps, with the small fix I detailed above!

Also, shoutout to Wolfgang from the german Ubisoft support who actually knew what he had to do to get it fixed, thank you!
     2 people found this helpful

I had to write a formal legal notice....

I had to write a formal legal notice because nobody wanted to help me on customer service side.

They were all accusing me of not owning my game even if I sent them 5 different proofs of purchase. Wasted around 10 hours on the matter.

The worst customer service experience I've ever had in my life.

If you want the letter and you experience something like that, please do pm me.
     1 people found this helpful

so we have now 2020 and they still nothing do with this issue? ;/

Seems to be that Kaefigseele found a solution, but one where you have to go through support..

...doesn't it seem rather odd that a solution was found, but not implementet in the download process so other users doesn't have to go through support too..?

i wrote support two days ago about another issue, they have not yet replied. Maybe i will try the supportchat tomorrow and see if anybody can help me..

Help from the support

Hey guys, I just contacted the support and they helped me with the issue. It was quick. I also told them to help you in this thread and they forwarded it to the staff responsible for forum. So I hope they will respond to you soon

JUNE 2020 AND STILL NOT FIXED!

An yet ubisoft wonders why people say they suck and have the most awful, ridiculously terrible support team.

Page 6 of 6 ◄◄  First ... 456