Well i thought i should make a topic so everyone can discuss how the swords work and if it is acualy very fake (i hate the flow of the sword behind the sword when you swing it)

the only game I know that comes anywhere close is mount and blade.

I have only seen around 2 swords in the trailers and screenshots and that is the Katana and the Shortsword/ or dagger. Hope there is a wider selection. Also can you actually Forge you own weapons can some one explain this please? Thanks.

There are many. I've seen at least three swords and four pairs of daggers. There is supposed to be about forty (thanks Prisowner) weapons in all.

Wow great. thanks for the info. Can anyone give me details on forging your own weapons please?

In Arx Fatalis, you could do it whenever you pleased, but the word is that Dark Messiah only lets you forge weapons at certain times as part of your quest.

Daggers ftw!!!

Daggers should have no chance against a sword. By the way, I am also concerned about the sword and arrow trails. Is anyone here familiar with modifying games that use the Source engine?

In the assassin demo it looked as if he threw a dagger 20ft and it was immediately replaced in his hand. Hopefully thats the max range and it doesnt do much damage. Think they should add a small delay before it reappears in your hand at least.
    But it all depends on the balance of the rest of the classes.
    Mind you, I dont care much about SP, im more interested in the MP.
    No fun killing bots hehe.

Ive modded half-life 2 and css. If the trails are sprite based, then it will be easy to remove. But they look shader based to me, so im affraid you need a coder for that.