I don't see a reason to re-release the PC version, since it already can be played in 4K/60FPS with everything maxed out even on a GTX 1060 6GB (yes, I tested it).

Nintendo Switch AC Rogue

[QUOTE=Ubi-QuB3;13254937]Assassin's Creed Rogue, Shay Patrick Cormac's Assassin-hunting odyssey through pre-Revolution America and the North Atlantic, is making a gloriously remastered return on PS4 and Xbox One on March 20, complete with 4K support for PS4 Pro and Xbox One X.

Is there any chance we will see any AC games on the Nintendo Switch? I was really hoping for the Ezio collection. I loved AC Rogue (own it for ps3) this would be perfect for NS.

It seems weird that they would remaster Rogue. I guess maybe it was easier to remaster this than doing a proper remaster of the uber-classic AC2. Personally, I never got into Rogue: the North Atlantic setting seemed kinda boring and cold to me, and Shay was nowhere near as charismatic as Haytham Kenway. Still, I might be tempted to give it another try.

Personally, I'd like to see them remaster AC1. I miss the humor of the NPC conversations. Somehow that got dropped in all the other AC games. And these days, we don't even seem to get much in the way of comic relief characters. Where's Origin's version of Brotherhood's Bartolomeo d'Alviano? The humor seems all bled out of today's AC.

Anyone have any problems trying to find out how to pre-order this Assassin's Creed Rogue Remastered? The Ubisoft support team is completely clueless about it not being available at the US store and all the major retailers. I search Walmart, Bestbuy, Amazon, Gamestop, and even PlayStation Store has zero results

I've done some searching, and even contacted Ubisoft support, and have come up with nothing so far. You'd think they wanted this Remaster to fail, with the minimal amount of advertising they've done, completely denying U.S. customers the ability to pre-order, and from what I've heard, denied us a physical release here as well. I'm upset.
     2 people found this helpful

Remastered, but still didnít fix one major issue

The only reason I got into Rogue was the fact that you got to play as an Assassin-turned-Templar and it filled some plot holes for the other games. But again, despite how many people complained about it when it FIRST came out, they still decided not to put a hood on Shayís Templar outfit. I mean I get it, heís a Templar now, but still itís on the cover of the freaking game and thatís what was advertised to us, not this crap with flipping up your collar when you enter a restricted area. Personally thatís one of the reasons I think Rogue bombed with the fan base.

I think Rogue's problems had much more to do with two things:

1. When it came out, the consoles it was designed for were already obsolete. When I bought it, I had already played a number of games on the PS4, so Rogue was disappointing visually.

2. It came out on the exact same day as AC: Unity. If they had even managed to release it a couple of weeks before Unity, I think the game would have done a lot better. As a result, I suspect most players bought and played Unity first, and we all know how poorly that game was received. So I think that made players sour on Ubisoft. When I bought Rogue, I was so annoyed at Ubisoft over Unity that I couldn't really give Rogue the chance it perhaps deserved.

Also, I found the gameplay and characters in the first few missions lacking in excitement. Shay seemed too much like Connor - too dour and humorless (especially after the fun character of Edward Kenway in Black Flag). Also, his voice actor couldn't do a very convincing Irish accent, and the missions Shay was tasked with were just not that much fun. Maybe it got better later - I don't know, as I got bored and quit quite early in the game.

Originally Posted by Pr0metheus 1962 Go to original post
    I think Rogue's problems had much more to do with two things:

1. When it came out, the consoles it was designed for were already obsolete. When I bought it, I had already played a number of games on the PS4, so Rogue was disappointing visually.

2. It came out on the exact same day as AC: Unity. If they had even managed to release it a couple of weeks before Unity, I think the game would have done a lot better. As a result, I suspect most players bought and played Unity first, and we all know how poorly that game was received. So I think that made players sour on Ubisoft. When I bought Rogue, I was so annoyed at Ubisoft over Unity that I couldn't really give Rogue the chance it perhaps deserved.

Also, I found the gameplay and characters in the first few missions lacking in excitement. Shay seemed too much like Connor - too dour and humorless (especially after the fun character of Edward Kenway in Black Flag). Also, his voice actor couldn't do a very convincing Irish accent, and the missions Shay was tasked with were just not that much fun. Maybe it got better later - I don't know, as I got bored and quit quite early in the game.
    Actually, I played Rogue first because I didn't have a PS4 at the time. Also, not sure if you're aware of this, but Rogue is only HALF the length of Black Flag and Unity (BF had 12 memory sequences, & Unity had 13). The length of the game was the biggest disappoint for me. I paid FULL price for a brand new PS3 game, but only got half of what its predecessor has. They almost made up for it with their ending. Sorry for being a spoiler, but the end of Rogue leads into the beginning of Unity.

Originally Posted by Voltyboy Go to original post
    I just want shay to have an alternate outfit that actually has the hood like he does on all the art
    There is an outfit Shay can wear in the game that has a hood. It's called the DARK ASSASSIN outfit, and it can be purchased in one of the shops throughout the game. It's similar in design to the one seen on the cover, but it doesn't have the red color.

Game comes out in 1-2 days. Any word on a physical copy for Xbox one or PS4? Iím dying to pre-order the game. I donít like digital games