As usual with my luck... bouhgt a decent mid priced craftsman pressure washer last year in sep and out of warranty now.. and last nite tried to fire it up to wash car, and bammo no pressure to be had, engine runs fine, handle hose and intake and outlet are not clogged and water flows with engine off. This tells me pump isnt pumping but since water flows with engine off no problems with clogs anwhere in fluid path except internaly in pump.
    tried some clr remover product and got some goo spit out but still no luck. maint part of booklet calls for replace pump assy entirely. new assy 160$, trip to small engine shop $65 at least, and probably new pump. so any ideas..

as its out of warranty i cant hurt to take pump off/apart'?

As usual with my luck... bouhgt a decent mid priced craftsman pressure washer last year in sep and out of warranty now.. and last nite tried to fire it up to wash car, and bammo no pressure to be had, engine runs fine, handle hose and intake and outlet are not clogged and water flows with engine off. This tells me pump isnt pumping but since water flows with engine off no problems with clogs anwhere in fluid path except internaly in pump.
    tried some clr remover product and got some goo spit out but still no luck. maint part of booklet calls for replace pump assy entirely. new assy 160$, trip to small engine shop $65 at least, and probably new pump. so any ideas..

as its out of warranty i cant hurt to take pump off/apart'?

Edit...Sorry.
    Double post. This forum is going crazy again...
    It said that my post couldn't be completed or some similar thing.

Weird, I just noticed that the post count for this thread is only "1" when there really are 2. How does this happen?

I never heard of a craftsman that was out of warranty, but now, by all means, take the thing apart and see if you can't fix it.
    I surely hope it is less expensive to fix than to buy a new one, as is rarely the case these days.

When the forum gives you that error try hitting CTRL+left arrow, that is the shortcut for the back button, it will take you back to what you just typed, then try submitting again, this way it there was an error you can get it through, if it actually did post it will tell you that this is a duplicate of what you already posted.

noo craftsman isnt a name to depend on anymore except hand tools. any of sear's mowers etc are not echangeable just warranted. Not like the old days good forever.

I think you should be able to hear if the pump is running or not. Maybe there is a leak somewhere, so the pressure can't build up?

Have you tried contacting Sears?

Altough Craftsman tools are not the industrial heavyweights of years gone by I have had nothing but positive customer service experiences with their service dept.

Zeus-cat's Avatar Senior Member
    As was stated only hand tools (hammers, screwdrivers, etc.) have good warranties. I gave up on Craftsman power stuff years ago.

CUJO_1970's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TS_Sancho:
    Have you tried contacting Sears?

Altough Craftsman tools are not the industrial heavyweights of years gone by I have had nothing but positive customer service experiences with their service dept. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good advice.

If you get to the right people with SEARS they will take care of it for you.