UbiSnout's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by Asgardian02 Go to original post
    i am stuck on this lame quest for days now, cant get out. Even set game to easy and godmode in animus control centrum, but i just get 1 shotted every single time, makes no sense
    Hello Asgardian02!

We have a great tool now with Gameplan. You can find videos made by the community, and trick&tips about our games.
    About the Blade of the Goddess we have this video:

I have found if I get ships to chase me I can fire behind me without taken any damage.

For anyone else having troubles: obviously, make sure you upgrade your ship (health, arrows so you get 4 salvos), but also: pick the right commanders. You could lure smaller ships, pretty much annihilate them in a 4x salvo, and then sail straight through them to regenerate ship health. The latter is what you should save your speed boost for imo.
    Save your fire arrows for the big ships, as the damage is nuts and wasted on smaller ships.

How do you control what side of the ship the arrow volley's fire from. I have noticed sometimes the volley is on the right side then other times on the left. Is there a way to control which side when attacking ?

Locopells's Avatar Moderator
    It should be whatever way the camera is pointing

Me too!

I abandoned the game over this stupid quest, which is a crying shame as otherwise it's excellent and I was really enjoying playing. I'm not an "arcade gamer" - and if I was, that's what I would have bought. I've wasted hours of my limited game playing time thoroughly NOT enjoying myself in the hope that I could get back to playing the proper game. I've followed the hints and tips here to no avail (I actually died quicker!), I abandoned the "Trouble at Sea" quest as it was so horrible but not so lucky this time as there's no way out. Somebody should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves for setting it up like this.

I do see from the video that there are options to counter-fire, and catapults, I had no idea about those options! so I looked at the controller assignments and now I feel foolish! With the extra options I managed to finally defeat the ship and I'm back on my way - thanks everyone for your posts above, you've helped me get my game back - as someone new to AC I was really in the dark there and the game does little to help!
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Macabraham Go to original post
    For anyone else having troubles: obviously, make sure you upgrade your ship (health, arrows so you get 4 salvos), but also: pick the right commanders. You could lure smaller ships, pretty much annihilate them in a 4x salvo, and then sail straight through them to regenerate ship health. The latter is what you should save your speed boost for imo.
    Save your fire arrows for the big ships, as the damage is nuts and wasted on smaller ships.
    I think you're thinking of a different game as Origins doesn't have any upgrade ship options.

What worked for me was, as advised, an emphasis on taking cover, returning fire and, and this did most of my damage, ramming. For the big one, it was duck/return, ram, repeat. I stayed close and listed for the "Incoming!" cry.