georgeo76's Avatar Senior Member
    prob should read this

georgeo76's Avatar Senior Member
    prob should read this

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    Ironically the problem stems from a Windows (Microsoft) problem with the way it makes calls rather than directly Firefox itself. Thankfully Mozilla has fixed it already and has a new version of Firefox for download or the patch. I figured the patch was easiest.

I'm liking my experience with Firefox. Fast and clean without any extra nonsense. Bugs and issues will arise but I'm encouraged overall by the quick response and the small number of problems.

RCAF 412 Falcon Squadron - "Swift to Avenge"

I have never liked Internet Explorer, used Netscape alot when I first started, then changed to Opera for several years and now Mozilla, which I'm loving. I haven't used FireFox enough to really form an opinion yet.

I only use IE for Windows Updates and the likes anymore otherwise it's just taking up space on my hard drive. IMHO it's been garbage since the word "Go."

VICTORY BY VALOR, GENTLEMEN TO THE END

IE has so many things that Firefox doesn't... Why use it?

Thanks for the heads up.

I have IE, Netscape, Firefox, Moizilla, and Opera installed.

WWSensei's Avatar Senior Member
    Beg to differ Stormer. Feature-to-feature Mozilla has more. IE has no tabs for instance. Also, I don't count the ability to have ActiveX controls install spyware and other **** on your system a "feature" I'd want on Firefox...

Now, if you are talking about so many security holes that CERT recommends you don't use it then I agree.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stormer777:
    IE has so many things that Firefox doesn't... Why use it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*Rawhide theme*
    Trolling, trolling, trolling....

Another "feature" that Mozilla/Firefox lacks is The Department of Homeland Security's recommendation against using it ;-D

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SwingerSpecial:
    Another "feature" that Mozilla/Firefox lacks is The Department of Homeland Security's recommendation against using it ;-D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Viva Firfox!
    But anyway, there is already a fix for the problem.

Der Spaziergang uber Warshau

I use another IE front-end browser, Crazy Browser. Due to the fact that it has the same security problems as IE, I decided to try Firefox so I can alternate depending on which one has the biggest security flaw of the month.

Firefox is indeed good and I like the extensions you can get and all. However many of those extensions should be a basic feature in the core program. Setting Firefox up to any level above what I already use is more hassle than it's worth right now. Plus I find it less stable than any IE based browsers and it tends to crash a bit for me and a few friends that use it. But I'll count that as a non-event for the majority of users until I hear more.

Furthermore, and this is not necessarily the fault of the Firefox devs, third party programs that have full functionality with Crazy Browser, thanks to its IE roots, have no functionality with Firefox. I just hope that these parties try to include support in the future. Although I dare say that future Firefox extentions may make some of these other programs obsolete.

"Thanks for the inspiration to rise above you all."