Well here is my hope for patch on PF give me the ability to pitch my guns and set convergence below 100 Meters.

Knight

Well here is my hope for patch on PF give me the ability to pitch my guns and set convergence below 100 Meters.

Knight

Would be nice with more settings to the guns indeed, pitch and perhaps even where to have tracer-bullets and not... Could be useful for knowing how much ammo is left

Gravity never looses, the best you can hope for is a draw

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RAF238thKnight:

Knight<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why not magnetic bullets??

Heads-on firing was not a safe practice after all ?
    Jussi Huotari: It was not specially recommendedâ.....
    And later, as the Russians were armed with 20mm cannons, it was unwise to meet them heads-on

Why the hell would someone want convergence below 100 meters? Closer that that you can hit precisely even with 1000m convergence.

If brute force does not solve your problem... you are not using enough!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OldMan____:
    Why the hell would someone want convergence below 100 meters? Closer that that you can hit precisely even with 1000m convergence.

If brute force does not solve your problem... you are not using enough!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unless of course your aircraft has wing guns...

Inside 100m it is very difficult to hit anything in the P-51s, P-47s or Spitfires. Especially in the Spitfire where ammunition is at a premium.

S!
    William "Jazz-Man" Katz
    Squadron Batman
    RAF No.74 Squadron
    www.raf74.com

WOW. So you can get a kill at 3280ft or 3/4 of a mile at 350 miles per hour. Your a better shot then most snipers LOL. Sir you must have no concept of the metric system, most american planes were set at 300ft convergence or a little over 100m. Amyway most pilots set there weapons to there style of flying. The magnetic bullet post not even welcome and
    I will go no futher with this post. thks to the intelligent responces

Knight

PS Wonder Woman label flyers need not reply.

WWMaxGunz's Avatar Senior Member
    A sniper with 4+ highpower MG's on full auto. Was the target dodging? Bet not.
    Ive seen a screenshot of a 1 hit/1 kill by a Mk 108 at 1.4 km in FB as well.
    Does everything happens or told of mean in all situations, all the time? So many
    whiners would have me believe so, but only in the ways that bother them, never to
    their benefit ever at all. Yes teacher, the .50's ate my homework.

Neal

To Max: Yes possible zoomed in but how realistic is that just look at any gunnery manuel. I have the 1943 RAF manuel and the target distance at that distance is quite good one hit kill shot.

Knight

who said they could hit something 1000m away? he said he could hit something at sub 100m range with 1000m convergence... the point being at that range convergence doesnt matter much... that said some RAF pilots in BoB were know to use 100 yard convergence which would be something aroun 85m. even then they were considered foolhardy, even if they were successful.

also, check your arithmatic before you knock other people's understanding of weights and measures... you said 300ft is just over 100m

now theres 3.333 (or 30cm per ft) etc ft per m, so actually 300ft works out as 90m

300ft x 30cm =9000cm /100 =90m

not that it makes much difference, but before you pick holes, make sure you're watertight yourself.

just occured to me as well, surely there were practical limits to the convergence... i mean weapon fittings in wings were tight at the best of times, there must have been a limit to how much you could angle the guns towards the nose before the ammo feeds start interfering with one another?

[This message was edited by tfu_iain1 on Tue August 17 2004 at 09:30 AM.]