Sekhmet vs Isfet Temple Fight - What? Why?

So, I am playing the game on hard. I like the challenge. But this mission isn’t challenging – it’s a trick.
    It’s a weird expression of hatred for the player, baked into the game, masquerading as a temple-fight mission.
    Why in the world (seriously, can anyone offer up a reason) would you trap the player in this inescapable fight, that requires you to land hundreds of hits – and get KO’d after only three or four? This fight has no stakes – it’s literally staged – so why do any of this?
    And if this is all “part of the show” – if the thing is supposed to drag on interminably as you slowly whittle away in frustration – please patch in more than two lines of dialogue for the priest who narrates the whole thing.
    I’ve loved just about every minute of this game. I even love it when I make a mistake and a dozen guards just beat me down clean. But this – this was just spiteful. Let me lose, let me win, but please don’t trap my character in an inescapable torture device. Thanks.

LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member
    Not saying the mission isn't designed poorly (trapping the player in a hard mission where they can't back out is always a dumb move) but couldn't you just lower the difficulty until you beat that scene? There are no trophies/achievements pertaining to difficulty as far as I know, so it's not like you'd be voiding a reward at the end. I played almost the whole game on Easy (the guards were damage sponges even on Normal mode IMO, and I got so annoyed I turned the difficulty down even though I hadn't been dying) and the Sekhmet battle was a breeze.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by englebre21 Go to original post
    So, I am playing the game on hard. I like the challenge. But this mission isn’t challenging – it’s a trick.
    It’s a weird expression of hatred for the player, baked into the game, masquerading as a temple-fight mission.
    Why in the world (seriously, can anyone offer up a reason) would you trap the player in this inescapable fight, that requires you to land hundreds of hits – and get KO’d after only three or four? This fight has no stakes – it’s literally staged – so why do any of this?
    And if this is all “part of the show” – if the thing is supposed to drag on interminably as you slowly whittle away in frustration – please patch in more than two lines of dialogue for the priest who narrates the whole thing.
    I’ve loved just about every minute of this game. I even love it when I make a mistake and a dozen guards just beat me down clean. But this – this was just spiteful. Let me lose, let me win, but please don’t trap my character in an inescapable torture device. Thanks.
    \\exactly, playing on nightmare and killing a dozen enemies at once is no isseu and then i get this fight at lvl10 and it just keeps going with no option to even quit the quest.

I played the game on easy, normal, hard and nightmare, and I had no trouble defeating him. There are stakes. The stakes are the legendary armor. If you think this is difficult, wait until you get to the battles in COTP. You just have to learn how not to get hit. Learn when he is going to do a sweep attack and get out of the way, and then strike. When he uses a thrust attack, roll to the side and attack. When he does a double sweep attack, get out of the way of the first one, and roll behind the second one and attack. When you beat him against the wall, you only have a couple of hits before he will recover, so you have to get out of his thrust attack again. This is why it is hard difficulty. One help is to get your health higher and get your damage higher. If you are at a higher level, that helps too. Also, getting "fury" and "dodge with health" in abilities helps too. You can get more damaging hits with "Fury", but he will still recover and attack, so you have to learn when to stop attacking him and go on the defense. It is the same in the advanced arena battles, where you have to face multiple opponents. You have to learn how not to get hit. At one point in the game, when using Aya in a battle, two hits and you die. You can also look at some of the You Tube video techniques for that battle. Hope this helps, Good Luck.

UbiSnout's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by ChasUGC1 Go to original post
    (...) One help is to get your health higher and get your damage higher. If you are at a higher level, that helps too. Also, getting "fury" and "dodge with health" in abilities helps too. You can get more damaging hits with "Fury", but he will still recover and attack, so you have to learn when to stop attacking him and go on the defense. It is the same in the advanced arena battles, where you have to face multiple opponents. You have to learn how not to get hit. At one point in the game, when using Aya in a battle, two hits and you die. You can also look at some of the You Tube video techniques for that battle. Hope this helps, Good Luck.
    Hello ChasUGC1! Thanks for sharing this technique.