PDXGorechild's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by CandleInTheDark Go to original post
    Yeah I am with you there, though in fairness the point they raised was about the only bit of feedback against the changes I agreed with, that it gave people widely varying parry punishes.
    Well, I suppose i'd rather they take longer and do it properly.

Still though, patience is not one of my better virtues...

Anyway - Go go Vikings!!!

Vakris_One's Avatar Senior Member
    Yeah, that was quite disappointing to hear about the parry changes being pushed back so far but I can understand why they did it. The test servers are almost like playing a different game in terms of the smoothness of fighting and the timings of parries on light attacks. It's a lot more consistent and thus feels a lot more responsive, parrying lights is much easier on the servers than in the main game. And unexpectedly enough I am finding the Lawbringer's block shove mixup a lot less annoying to deal with on the test server. His GB comes out a fraction of a second slower so now I can actually read him 100% of the time after a block shove. On the live game it's always been a very inconsistent 50/50 guessing game for me. On the server it's smooth as silk and rather enjoyable to deal with.
     1 people found this helpful

I play on xbox one x

It is only 1080p on xbox one x....

In 1vs1 green connection it feels wrong?!
    I did play only 1 match because i couldnt find any games at 6-8am in the morning...

4vs4 it is great because the console couldnt handle 4vs4 sometime (xbox one x can handle it) and the connection get worse

Now with servers it is better now.

I want to see the ping from each player!
    And maybe the country and faction?!

Vakris_One's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Anilman92 Go to original post
    I play on xbox one x

It is only 1080p on xbox one x....

In 1vs1 green connection it feels wrong?!
    I did play only 1 match because i couldnt find any games at 6-8am in the morning...

4vs4 it is great because the console couldnt handle 4vs4 sometime (xbox one x can handle it) and the connection get worse

Now with servers it is better now.

I want to see the ping from each player!
    And maybe the country and faction?!
    You can tell which faction they support by the shape of their emblem outline. Vikings have a circular outline, Knights have a shield shaped outline and Samurai have a square outline.

bob333e's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Vakris_One Go to original post
    Yeah, that was quite disappointing to hear about the parry changes being pushed back so far but I can understand why they did it. The test servers are almost like playing a different game in terms of the smoothness of fighting and the timings of parries on light attacks. It's a lot more consistent and thus feels a lot more responsive, parrying lights is much easier on the servers than in the main game. And unexpectedly enough I am finding the Lawbringer's block shove mixup a lot less annoying to deal with on the test server. His GB comes out a fraction of a second slower so now I can actually read him 100% of the time after a block shove. On the live game it's always been a very inconsistent 50/50 guessing game for me. On the server it's smooth as silk and rather enjoyable to deal with.
    Agreed. On the Open Test Version, there's much less latency, and the only 'lag' I've had was impossibly unreactive attacks that just snapped out of neutral, yet there was no movement choppiness or ice-skating. In overall the combat felt more fluid and much less choppy. Timings on blocking and parrying also varied somewhat. And I don't really see those connection icons on the upper left corner anymore.

I doubt dedicated servers will 100% erase the lag, but I think the concept of timesnap has been built upon and has been transcended; now they would need something stronger and more effective than the old timesnap model, to combat lag/latency even further. But first I hope the dedicated servers can take a real workload scenario, after the test phases.

Originally Posted by Fady117 Go to original post
    But first I hope the dedicated servers can take a real workload scenario, after the test phases.
    Yeah that is going to be the key thing, how the servers manage a few hundred thousand to a million players at once, hopefully more towards the latter and beyond if players come back when they hear about servers.
     1 people found this helpful

**** ubi!!

Wow... I go on for honor today, get +30% attack on raider and go into a custom to test how much damage his max punish will do. But YOU ****ED IT UP!! YOU THINK RAIDER WASN’T HARD TO WIN AS ANYWAY?! YOU THINK YOU NEED TO MAKE RAIDER! OF ALL HEROES, WORSE!? NOT SHAMAN WHO PEOPLE ACTUALLY COMPLAIN ABOUT... RAIDER... C’MON UBI. **** YOU!! **** WHOEVER CAME UP WITH THAT IDEA AND **** EVERYONE WHO AGREED WITH THEM. I DONT GIVE A **** IF I GET A REPLY! I JUST WANT HIS PUNISHES BACK YOU STUPID **** HEADS!!

Originally Posted by LeoH108 Go to original post
    Wow... I go on for honor today, get +30% attack on raider and go into a custom to test how much damage his max punish will do. But YOU ****ED IT UP!! YOU THINK RAIDER WASN’T HARD TO WIN AS ANYWAY?! YOU THINK YOU NEED TO MAKE RAIDER! OF ALL HEROES, WORSE!? NOT SHAMAN WHO PEOPLE ACTUALLY COMPLAIN ABOUT... RAIDER... C’MON UBI. **** YOU!! **** WHOEVER CAME UP WITH THAT IDEA AND **** EVERYONE WHO AGREED WITH THEM. I DONT GIVE A **** IF I GET A REPLY! I JUST WANT HIS PUNISHES BACK YOU STUPID **** HEADS!!
    On reddit Eric said they are looking into this currently.