Ubi-QuB3's Avatar Community Manager

Information about HDR Support on PC

Hello AC:O PC Community!

The holidays are upon us, and we hear some of you might be getting new displays which support HDR… So the Assassin’s Creed Origins team has been working closely with our AMD and NVIDIA partners to enable HDR on the PC version. So, while we are still working with our compatibility labs to ensure broad support on HDR10 compliant displays, we wanted to make this Beta version of the feature available to you before the year ended.

PC HDR Support Notes
    ----------------------------------
    General notes

- HDR support on PC is highly dependent on the drivers and windows versions, see below for a list of tested configuration.
    - Enabling HDR will force the game in full screen mode. Please note that HDR is not supported in windowed mode.
    - Make sure that the HDR display you are running the game on is set as your primary display, even when you are running multi-monitor set up.

PC HDR Requirements

- 3D Card with HDR support (Nvidia 9xx and 10xx cards, AMD RX4xx, RX5xx, and RX Vega cards)
    - Display with full HDR support
    - HDMI 2.x cable

SETUP

1. Connect your PC using HDMI 2.x cable to an HDR Display and set it as your primary display.
    2. Display input must be configured for HDR Display (i.e Enable UHD Color, Game picture mode). This can be done in the options for the display itself.
    3. Enable HDR through the AC:O graphics options. The option will be grayed out if no HDR display is detected. If that’s the case, verify your Display setup, Cable, Drivers and Windows version.
    4. Set the HDR Settings through the game’s graphics options according to your display capabilities.

Configurations Currently Supported

Windows 10 Versions:
    RS1 Anniversary Update (1607 / build 14393) - August 2, 2016
    RS2 Creators Update (1703 / build 15063) - March 20, 2017
    RS3 Fall Creators Update (1709 / build 16299) - October 17, 2017

GPU Drivers:

AMD 17.11.4 - November 29, 2017
    AMD 17.11.1 - November 13, 2017
    NVIDIA 388.43 - November 30, 2017
    NVIDIA 388.31 - November 15, 2017
    NVIDIA 388.13 - October 30, 2017

Assassin's Creed Origins HDR Compat Matrix
    Driver Version Win10 RS3 Win10 RS2 Win10 RS1
    AMD 17.11.4 OK OK OK
    AMD 17.11.1 OK OK OK
    NVIDIA 388.43 OK OK Not OK
    NVIDIA 388.31 OK OK Not OK
    NVIDIA 388.13 OK OK OK

If you experience any issues with HDR on the supported hardware listed above, please contact our support team.

We hope you enjoy your HDR experience as you explore Egypt with Bayek!

-The Assassin’s Creed Origins Team
     5 people found this helpful

UkOn_'s Avatar Junior Member
    HDR looks awesome with my PC on my TV! Thanks for that addition.
     2 people found this helpful

Thank you so much for listening to us and adding this feature for PC. It looks incredible. I'm really glad I stopped playing at level 10. Now I get to go back with HDR and level scaling!

Thanks again, Ubi. I'm capping at 30 FPS and running 4K max settings and that, combined with HDR, makes the game look absolutely incredible!
     2 people found this helpful

Slackbladder100's Avatar Member
    London, a small city on Mars just outside the capital city Wibble.
    Okay, for some reason it looks awful on my PC/HDR TV (KS7500). Way too much bloom with whites. Too much colour. Bad banding in dark areas. If I get it anywhere near acceptable the game looks washed out and too dark. My PC colour settings are 4:2:2, 12bpc, limited. Destiny 2 works fine but this doesn't. W10 HDR option does not help either. Any suggestions?

Ubisoft, why only Win10?

Doesn't work for me, colors look washed out and blacks are dull. I'm using a GTX 1080 ti, newest drivers, newest OS and Samsung's ks7590.

Same here doesn't work after updating to the latest windows 10. I didn't change anything, just updated the Nvidia drivers (gtx 1080 ti) and updated windows. I can enable HDR ingame, but then everything looks washed out like you mention. I've tried pretty much everything and simply can't get AC:O to look amazing again with HDR.

[COLOR=#B9963F !important]Ubisoft, how to fix this?
    [/COLOR]

I've tried to roll back to NVIDIA 388.13, still doesn't work. Worked perfectly before updated windows latest version. Please a feedback from Ubisoft how to fix this.
    Really want to play this game again with HDR.

Not working

Just bought the game, running on an LG C6 OLED. When i switch HDR on, the image is really dark, but all the whites are totally blown out. It's like it's not actually sending out an hdr signal, even though the TV switches to HDR mode.

Is there a fix or workaround?

consulta

hola buenas noches mi pregunta es si el juego puede correr en mi pc tiene win 7 64 bit procesador amd 3.4 4 core placa de video r550 amd y 6 gb de ram lo pregunto por que baje varios juegos repack para probar como corre antes de comprarlo y resulta que niciquiera inicia, esto se debe a incompatibilidad con aklgunos de mis componentes gracias