Hopefully one day the climate will change on this board, but as things are presently, I'd rather go to a dentist than continue to endure the level of offense that is regarded as normal around here.

Tata...

Ruy Horta

Hopefully one day the climate will change on this board, but as things are presently, I'd rather go to a dentist than continue to endure the level of offense that is regarded as normal around here.

Tata...

Ruy Horta

JG26Red's Avatar Senior Member
    WOW, lol... u just gotta be thick skinned and let the insults just slide off...

TX-Zen's Avatar Senior Member
    My .02, I think things are improving, especially compared to middle of last year.

Still has a ways to go and it may never get there, but it's not all bad.

I think the cure is for everyone to spam the boards with interesting facts, anecdotes, charts and intriguing subjects. For every inflamatory post, everyone ought to get together and write 4 interesting ones

TX-Zen
    Black 6
    TX-Squadron CO
    http://www.txsquadron.com
    clyndes@hotmail.com (IM Only)
    TX-OC3 Server 209.163.147.67:21000

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I think the cure is for everyone to spam the boards with interesting facts, anecdotes, charts and intriguing subjects. For every inflamatory post, everyone ought to get together and write 4 interesting ones <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good idea.

Most of the negative input seems to come from a dozen or so hi-profile posters. Perhaps they can't enjoy the process without a little conflict, or maybe they take views different than theirs as a personal affront. You have to pick your threads based on the quality of input and ignore the rest.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rhorta:
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    It's not considered normal, but it is common. It'd be nice to have a moderation system whereby kooks' and nutballs' posts can be moderated into oblivion.

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    Its not too too bad here. Try a really popular FPS game or a RTS game and you'll have all the arguments and problems here plus alot of racial generalizations, slangs, and plain derogatory stuff getting tossed around.

You see little of that...most conflicts here are at the very least somewhat articulated.

- IceFire

you get a lot of German & american nationalism posted here that borders on racist from what ive seen

Just when I was thinking this place has turned into the Mickey Mouse Club, along comes somebody and makes a post like this.

Compare this forum to other video game forums, and you will see that it is head and shoulders above the rest.

I guess some people would not be in heaven unless they had something to complain about.

To anyone who wants to take away my trim on a slider, "From My Cold Dead HANDS."

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WUAF_Badsight:
    you get a lot of German & american nationalism posted here that borders on racist from what ive seen<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nationalism and racism are two entirely different things...and if you notice there are a handfull of people who come up with the anti US stuff and then a handfull of us who come right back at them with the same ..... intensity for lack of a better term. Like Janes Brown once said.... "STATIC!!!! No static??? Dont start none.. wont be none.. Heyyyy!!"

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> [/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>vflyer@comcast.net[/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>99thPursuit Squadron IL2 Forgotten Battles[/list]
    UDQMG | HYPERLOBBY | IL2 Manager | MUDMOVERS

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►