Returning/New players not welcome.

I joined the For Honor hype as soon as it released. (Even played the beta) After about 2/3 Month of fun in For Honor I kind of lost my interest and returned to playing some other games. Now, "after a year or what?" I decided to give it a try since so many new Heroes have joined the battlefields.

After a few botgames I kind of got the feeling back and so I joined up for some PVP action.

Are you fckn kidding me?
    I have a lvl 2 Honor Berserker and you want me to fight players with lvl 179 Heroes? (Probably got every other Hero on 50+ too)
    So as you can imagine this went REALLY BAD for me. I achived about 1 Playerkil (lucky for me he was busy with 2 other teammates) l and got slaughtered gaining 12 deaths?
    In what universe would a Matchmaker ever let something like this happen? Is Ubisoft really this stupid and abandoning a game with such great potential?
    This is just typical for the Ubisoft rumors everybody knows about and kinda hurts for me not to be able to play this gorgeous looking game. Very sad.

So until Ubisoft fixes the Matchmaker, which is essential to any Multiplayer game in the first place, I wont be able to play and enjoy this game at all.
    I would need to beg other players with experience to fckn train me?! Are u kidding me?

Greetings fellow gamers, hope you can understand my situation here.

Devon Glück/ IProdigy97

I don't think they got adjustments for returning players in their MMR. You have been top a year ago, you will be now as well - so they seem to think.

Besides, even on PS4 now you feel the impact of their lazy attitude. Almost a year gone and almost an endless amount of things that could have been done have not. To just point out one tiny tiny bit: decrease Highlander offensive light stamina cost. Guess 99% of the community might agree with this.

Anyway, without any explosive news - personally I don't expect servers to save the game any longer - those hours I spend with this game are going to be with less and less different players.

They have a parameter for matchmaking that is tied into player rep but according the the devs on the last Den or the one before the port that runs through apparently isn't working, it is an issue they know about and are working on.

Originally Posted by CandleInTheDark Go to original post
    They have a parameter for matchmaking that is tied into player rep but according the the devs on the last Den or the one before the port that runs through apparently isn't working, it is an issue they know about and are working on.
    We heard this so many times. "They working on it". Let's pull up like Cent nerf. It took 4-5 months? Something like that. What did it contain? Jab no longer guaranteed on a succesful heavy, it's recovery on miss is shortened and he can't infinite wall you anymore. This took more than a season. Cool. Until then infinite walling was a totally acceptable and good thing for the health of the game (like shaman's tracking).

They working on connectivity since beta. It's still sh*t. They working on matchmaking since release. Still sh*t. They're doing reworks and def meta changes. Coming SOON.

With S4 they introduced even more performance issues, which they don't even acknowledge. Not to mention they release broken stuff all the time, no matter the feedback they get (only exception being: Valk's execution which they pulled back for fixing, that was an admirable move, considering the Dev team (yes, this should be the basic, if something's not working right, pull it back and release it again when it's fixed)).

And another funny thing: why the devs never say anything in their official forum? Why have a forum if you only use reddit? It's just looks bad.

I'm kinda sorry about this little rant but the whole: "they're working on it" and the "soon" catchphrases makes my blood boil.
     5 people found this helpful

Your first mistake was assuming player rep meant anything significant. Now if you were playing against people who had epic tier gear i'd understand.
    Also the data the system has on you is dated compared to people who regularly play. It's going to take time to adjust your data to match your current skill.
    it won't happen in a few matches.

You def need to play fairly consistently for about 2-3 weeks before things sort of level out and you get better again and the match-making finds out how to more accurately place you. I had the same trouble when I returned, now I am holding my own pretty well. When I solo-queue I rek people but generally I play with friends that drag me into higher-tier fighting where I get roflstomped into next week. So...

You win some and lose some. We'll be glad to have you back, though!

Vordred's Avatar Senior Member
    i always laugh at the matchmaking thing. i go in and it tells me there is "very High Activity" in this game mode, but then can't find me a game, so it switches Region to all, it still can't find a game, so changes Skill to Wide. still can't find one so changes to all game types. the only thing that that doesn't change is the Reputations is still on strict.

it finally finds me a game.

and i get the game mode i asked for, with players in my region, it says Ally and opponents are Equal Skill. but i was rep 42. my teammates were rep 3, 6 and 7. the other team was 5, 10, 11 and 24

go figure, the one thing it said it was trying to keep even, was the only thing that wasn't.
     1 people found this helpful

bob333e's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by IProdigy97 Go to original post
    I joined the For Honor hype as soon as it released. (Even played the beta) After about 2/3 Month of fun in For Honor I kind of lost my interest and returned to playing some other games. Now, "after a year or what?" I decided to give it a try since so many new Heroes have joined the battlefields.

After a few botgames I kind of got the feeling back and so I joined up for some PVP action.

Are you fckn kidding me?
    I have a lvl 2 Honor Berserker and you want me to fight players with lvl 179 Heroes? (Probably got every other Hero on 50+ too)
    So as you can imagine this went REALLY BAD for me. I achived about 1 Playerkil (lucky for me he was busy with 2 other teammates) l and got slaughtered gaining 12 deaths?
    In what universe would a Matchmaker ever let something like this happen? Is Ubisoft really this stupid and abandoning a game with such great potential?
    This is just typical for the Ubisoft rumors everybody knows about and kinda hurts for me not to be able to play this gorgeous looking game. Very sad.

So until Ubisoft fixes the Matchmaker, which is essential to any Multiplayer game in the first place, I wont be able to play and enjoy this game at all.
    I would need to beg other players with experience to fckn train me?! Are u kidding me?

Greetings fellow gamers, hope you can understand my situation here.

Devon Glück/ IProdigy97
    Overall player reputation level means little. If anything, that rep 179 probably A) afk-farmed, B) ganked up all the time in 4v4s with kill assists and extra points and whatever, and C) got carried by higher-leveled friends in other matches too.

Not everything is in their overall reputation level. Only thing you should worry about in 4v4s is what gear level they have and what feat level they have; then yes, it's an obvious unfair advantage. Outside than that, not much is different between a rep2 and a rep50 in 4v4s. It all comes down to how well they fight. And I've met better rep4 fighters than rep35 fighters, funnily enough.

Another issue is the not-so-huge For Honor playerbase that you'll often get matched with much higher leveled and much lower leveled players because there's simply no one else available at the time of matchmaking. I'm your opposite; I dislike matching up against people my level or below my level, and I enjoy matching up with people at least twice my level.

Also, if you've been away from the past three seasons, then I definitely recommend spending at least 2 weeks training against level 3 bots and choosing the DLC heroes, because you're gonna meet the DLC heroes often in PvP, and you'll want to know how to deal with them.

And be mindful of the faulty P2P connectivity, dedicated servers still aren't here so disconnects from 4v4 sessions could add to your frustration, expect those often.

Originally Posted by ShonM93 Go to original post
    We heard this so many times. "They working on it". Let's pull up like Cent nerf. It took 4-5 months? Something like that. What did it contain? Jab no longer guaranteed on a succesful heavy, it's recovery on miss is shortened and he can't infinite wall you anymore. This took more than a season. Cool. Until then infinite walling was a totally acceptable and good thing for the health of the game (like shaman's tracking).

They working on connectivity since beta. It's still sh*t. They working on matchmaking since release. Still sh*t. They're doing reworks and def meta changes. Coming SOON.

With S4 they introduced even more performance issues, which they don't even acknowledge. Not to mention they release broken stuff all the time, no matter the feedback they get (only exception being: Valk's execution which they pulled back for fixing, that was an admirable move, considering the Dev team (yes, this should be the basic, if something's not working right, pull it back and release it again when it's fixed)).

And another funny thing: why the devs never say anything in their official forum? Why have a forum if you only use reddit? It's just looks bad.

I'm kinda sorry about this little rant but the whole: "they're working on it" and the "soon" catchphrases makes my blood boil.
    This comment should be top. Amen brother.

Charmzzz's Avatar Senior Member
    No Matchmaker in the world can instantly oracle your skill rating correctly. You played months ago, now you assume that the Matchmaker should know that you got "worse"? Probably the algorithm does decrease your skill rating over time, but even then when you come back, it tries how "good" you still are or how "bad" you got. You really complain about 1 match? 1 match???

Even Overwatch, which has one of the best Matchmakers I have yet seen, does need ~50 matches to get you in the area of skill ratings where you belong. Then add in "elastic" searches which will match you vs higher / lower opponents if the time to find a match takes too long...

Stay calm, give the Matchmaker some time, and you will face people in your skill range. Also, do not look at Reputation! I am "only" ~ Rep 70 on all my heroes combined, still I wreck alot of people who have Rep 150+. No fear, just killing!