1. #1

    over nerved the shamans recovery

    Wild Cat’s Rage Hit recoveries increased to 1000ms
    this makes the move so ****ty now as basically your opponent can just own u after this move now. I'm sure this is bigger recovery than any other hero on a judge attack?? i think 700-800 on hit would still make it not as punishing to use it. Takes her best move and makes it feel so sluggish.. I'm so scared of what your going to do to the character next :/ the bite will prob be useless as well as it will be way too easy to see coming and dodge into free punish. don't worry all the baby ragers will start posting how stupid i am but these guys are the same ones that won't stop until the shaman is useless. gg, shaman already on the road to rip.
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Vordred's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    531
    well considering it was 700ms on hit before, and that caused a problem. so no 700-800ms is not ok.

    at least now people can't spam the hell out of that move and not be punished for it.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    damn, so for a full second after missing you are stuck in recovery? This should be fun to see.

    Well, looks like the Nerf crowd are getting what they want. I hope these changes aren't accurate, none of the other assassins recoveries are that bad on any of the closers they have.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Vordred's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    531
    Originally Posted by alustar24 Go to original post
    damn, so for a full second after missing you are stuck in recovery? This should be fun to see.

    Well, looks like the Nerf crowd are getting what they want. I hope these changes aren't accurate, none of the other assassins recoveries are that bad on any of the closers they have.
    not sure how it works on a miss, it's 1 second on a hit, and 800ms on a block.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by Vordred Go to original post
    not sure how it works on a miss, it's 1 second on a hit, and 800ms on a block.
    After checking into the patch notes it's just based off of spammed dash attacks. The recovery only effects her ability to execute multiple wild cats rage maneuvers back to back. Assuming you use the opener as it's intended; to flow through to bile combo mix ups then the recovery didn't effect you. Basically this is to curtail noob spam abuse.
    Edit for the record, this is a good tweak to her so far on paper
    Share this post

  6. #6
    After playing her post patch, her ability to flow into other combos is unafected. Besides, shamans doing nothing except backdash, backdash, dash heavy were incredibly stupid and ability to spam those deserved to be nerfed. Now just nerf the throw distance and we are in decent place.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by Arekonator Go to original post
    After playing her post patch, her ability to flow into other combos is unafected. Besides, shamans doing nothing except backdash, backdash, dash heavy were incredibly stupid and ability to spam those deserved to be nerfed. Now just nerf the throw distance and we are in decent place.
    But take your time with that one. I'm enjoying handing every warlord and raider their medicine for spamming ledge throws repeatedly in matches. This has been a long time coming. Lol
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Yeah, i am having fun abusing it while i can, but we can all admit that small girl ledging people better than pretty much everyone else is really stupid.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Arekonator Go to original post
    Yeah, i am having fun abusing it while i can, but we can all admit that small girl ledging people better than pretty much everyone else is really stupid.
    I originally didn't think the distance was that wild, in the few matches I had are the start with the perspective I couldn't gauge the distance that well. Then I got some poor sap in a tribute match in the middle of 1v2.tosses one towards a ledge. My initial thought was "ok put him close real quick and scare him, give me some breathing room." Finish that guy off and spin around to find nothing.
    I think directionally it might make a difference to on how she throws you. I feel like her side throws have a bit more range than her back and forward ones. No proof, just speculating.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    You got to count in that the throw distance is further augmented by guaranteed pounce which means you might get ledged even if the throw itself just get you stuck on enviroment or something, especially now when the new idiotic bug means you will get ledged just by yourself moving/dodging near ledge.
    Share this post