Breeding horses you own

This is just a suggestion, that I think should be considered to improve the overall experience for players - it would be so much better if it didn't cost anything to breed two horses you already own, opposed to paying a fee to breed one of your horses with a friend's horse. I suggest this, mainly because the algorithm that determines the foal outcome most of the time doesn't work in the players favor, and players are often stuck raising foals they weren't hoping to get - and the selling price for an unwanted foal is often WAY less than what you paid to breed the parents in the first place...

Case in point, I own a Hackney and an American Warmblood - it cost over 13,000 coins to breed them after I already purchased them, and that is during the breeding event! It's usually 19,000!!! Despite paying over 100 diamonds to increase my chances of getting a Friesian, I ended up with another American Warmblood I didn't need...to sell the foal would only get me less than 1000 coins, when if I were to purchase one in the market, it would cost upwards of 30,000 coins, or a boat load of diamonds. This is incredibly unfair. I also don't want to spend the time and resources getting it to a higher level in order to make even a fraction of the money back.

If I use my hard won coins to purchase a horse form the market, I should be able to do whatever I want with it, and not have to pay to breed it to one of my other horses.

Just sayin.
     2 people found this helpful

Breeding horses you own

I agree whole hearted with your request. If you already own both horses, it shouldn't cost too breed them.

I think this is a fair idea. If not totally free then at least much less by thousands of coins less if breeding your own horses and I feel you should have at least a 25% chance from the start to get whatever horse you are going for be it the next tier up or a new breed. honestly in the real world of breeding you do not pay anything but feed for owned horses, and their care and perhaps a vet bill of a thousand or so if you really caring for the breeding pair. Not multiple thousands of dollars to let your own stallion cover your own mare.

I have to agree it's FAR too expensive to breed your own horses... I can see a fee of some kind but it should be like 1/4 what it is to breed with a friend or something.

I whole hardheartedly agree. When I discovered that breeding horses in this game was not profitable or at the very least breaking even and more like flushing money away I was not impressed. Seriously not impressed. Having enjoyed many well thought out horse related games online over the years where a feature such as this, trying to breed for better horses is nothing short of a money pit, will only continue to frustrate and drive many players away. In turn driving away revenue from the game itself. The goal isn't to make your customers fold up their wallets and leave.

The prices to breed higher tiers are often times vastly over priced compared to the return on selling or training then selling the horse. People generally don't find that enjoyable or entertaining and defeats the purpose of playing a game. I don't necessarily think that breeding should be free since eventually you will run out of stuff to spend your gold on. You'll have a ton of gold and nothing to do with it. Breeding at the moment other than upgrading the ranches are the only money sinks it has for the gold coins. But I do think that making the coins prices to breed your own horses together needs to be brought down to a more realistic level. I don''t mind spending 5,000-10,000 gold to breed my own horses or a bit higher to use my friends horses, depending on the breed, rarity or tier. But when we start getting into 70,000+ we've entered the realm of ridiculous. Especially if the chance percentage is under 20% that you will end up with a horse you where aiming for. Yet the outcome more often than not will be a horse you weren't trying to produce. Plus on top of that you're never going to make 70k back from it or recoup any diamonds spent on top of that. Personally that's just bad logic if you want a successful game. It is kind of insulting to your players.

Breeding prices really should be more reasonable.The horses should sell for a price much closer than the one you paid to produce them at Level 5. Also while I'm at it, breeding times are pretty crazy with some of them. Perhaps that can be looked at as well. Actually that might be another Membership perk that would sweeten the deal for people to maybe put more consideration into becoming a Member. I do think that the membership perks are a bit weak to really get more people interested. A 30% reduced waiting time for foals really should be in there too.

Just some constructive criticism for the game developers. I'd like to see this game last rather than slowly fade away like so many decent games do over time.

1 people found this helpful

NickWill326's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by FrejaFox84 Go to original post

I whole hardheartedly agree. When I discovered that breeding horses in this game was not profitable or at the very least breaking even and more like flushing money away I was not impressed. Seriously not impressed. Having enjoyed many well thought out horse related games online over the years where a feature such as this, trying to breed for better horses is nothing short of a money pit, will only continue to frustrate and drive many players away. In turn driving away revenue from the game itself. The goal isn't to make your customers fold up their wallets and leave.

The prices to breed higher tiers are often times vastly over priced compared to the return on selling or training then selling the horse. People generally don't find that enjoyable or entertaining and defeats the purpose of playing a game. I don't necessarily think that breeding should be free since eventually you will run out of stuff to spend your gold on. You'll have a ton of gold and nothing to do with it. Breeding at the moment other than upgrading the ranches are the only money sinks it has for the gold coins. But I do think that making the coins prices to breed your own horsezz together needs to be brought down to a more realistic level. I don''t mind spending 5,000-10,000 gold to breed my own horses or a bit higher to use my friends horses, depending on the breed, rarity or tier. But when we start getting into 70,000+ we've entered the realm of ridiculous. Especially if the chance percentage is under 20% that you will end up with a horse you where aiming for. Yet the outcome more often than not will be a horse you weren't trying to produce. Plus on top of that you're never going to make 70k back from it or recoup any diamonds spent on top of that. Personally that's just bad logic if you want a successful game. It is kind of insulting to your players.

Breeding prices really should be more reasonable.The horses should sell for a price much closer than the one you paid to produce them at Level 5. Also while I'm at it, breeding times are pretty crazy with some of them. Perhaps that can be looked at as well. Actually that might be another Membership perk that would sweeten the deal for people to maybe put more consideration into becoming a Member. I do think that the membership perks are a bit weak to really get more people interested. A 30% reduced waiting time for foals really should be in there too.

Just some constructive criticism for the game developers. I'd like to see this game last rather than slowly fade away like so many decent games do over time.

I'd like to add a penny. Breeding horses consume much time and effort. As well as money. Perhaps the developers were trying to plunge their users into the atmosphere close to reality. But it's still a game lol. The foaling time should be cut, that's true.

Rip off game

This whole game is a ripoff. From breeding to special events. The developers are too greedy. Tell the developers so and boycott the game.